MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

My Only WWI German Cap

Article about: Hi Guys, Was going through some image files today and came across this. I had owed it until two or so years ago. At the time, I was desperate to sell it as I needed some \\$\\$\\$ to put toward an

Default My Only WWI German Cap

Hi Guys,

Was going through some image files today and came across this. I had owed it until two or so years ago. At the time, I was desperate to sell it as I needed some $$$ to put toward another (Soviet) acquisition.

Now that I look at these images, I regret not choosing something else...

Regards,
    Richie
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Only WWI German Cap   My Only WWI German Cap  

My Only WWI German Cap   My Only WWI German Cap  

My Only WWI German Cap   My Only WWI German Cap  

My Only WWI German Cap  
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Default Re: My Only WWI German Cap

I can see why you would regret it. Nice cap.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

That is a nice cap....I like the field grey band

Hi

Woof to that cap >>>> grey leather peak and chinstrap plus the unusual field grey cloth band.

cracker 1917 field cap as it should look.

cheers

tony

The colour of the band and the visor could suggest that it is a reichswehr cap (1919-1927 style)

Quote by angus1235 View Post
    The colour of the band and the visor could suggest that it is a reichswehr cap (1919-1927 style)
    Hi, this cap is the Einheitfeldmütze introduced in 1917 by the Germans. It has the field grey cap band and field grey piping for wear at the front. The Reichwehr caps although similar are very different in form and materials. Have a look at the RW sub-section in the cloth cap forum and all will become clearer.

Hope this helps.

cheers

Tony