Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Opinions? : EM Krätzchen: WW1 German Field Cap

Article about: I'm currently considering buying this field cap, I've been comparing against the ones on here and similar ones on the Ruptured Duck site, personally I thinks it looks a good one even though

Default Opinions? : EM Krätzchen: WW1 German Field Cap

I'm currently considering buying this field cap, I've been comparing against the ones on here and similar ones on the Ruptured Duck site, personally I think it looks a good one even though its missing the cockades, but as always I'd like a second opinion. I've also requested better photos as these aren't the best! Thanks for all opinions, in advance!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions? : EM Krätzchen: WW1 German Field Cap   Opinions? : EM Krätzchen: WW1 German Field Cap  

Opinions? : EM Krätzchen: WW1 German Field Cap   Opinions? : EM Krätzchen: WW1 German Field Cap  

Attached Images Attached Images Opinions? : EM Krätzchen: WW1 German Field Cap 
    "Per Ardua"

Three more, "better" photos:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions? : EM Krätzchen: WW1 German Field Cap   Opinions? : EM Krätzchen: WW1 German Field Cap  

"Per Ardua"

I'm still thinking that this is an honest Model 1907 Krätzchen for EM / NCO's, but I've been unable to find any info on the "36" stamp
    "Per Ardua"

turned the right way to see the markings and tried to make them clearer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions? : EM Krätzchen: WW1 German Field Cap  
    "Per Ardua"

Hi Paul, hard to say on these pictures. Can you get a closer up of the outside so we can see the cloth weave ? Stamp remains a mystery, may be a costumier's stamp post war as it has faint letters stamped above it which would give us a clue. from these pictures can't tell 100%. It has a chance but I would be cautious. cheers Tony

Thanks for the reply, Tony. I'll ask the seller for the photos.
    "Per Ardua"

not sure if this is any better? I should have more on the way.
    "Per Ardua"

Hi Paul, still not convinced on this picture, is it a private sale and if so coming out of a collection ? Looks very minty for 100 +. These things are best judged in hand. They are hard to find as they have been heavily faked over the years. Provenance is always a help.....cheers Tony

cheers

Tony

Here are four for comparison. The front left is the one you need to look at the weave on as it is a pre war manufacture and has a very different look to the uniform cloth of the others.

Yes its a private sale, still trying to get better photos, but he seems to have stopped responding... so i think we know what that means ... thanks for the help Tony, I really appreciate it, as this is definitely out of my comfort zone.
    "Per Ardua"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast