Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Possible German Hussar Regiment Visor from the 19th Century

Article about: Hallo WRF members, I'm trying to find more information about this 'mystery' visor. First, I want to be sure IF infact, it does belong to a German Hussar Regiment. There are no markings insid

Default Possible German Hussar Regiment Visor from the 19th Century

Hallo WRF members,
    I'm trying to find more information about this 'mystery' visor. First, I want to be sure IF infact, it does belong to a German Hussar Regiment. There are no markings inside the visor such as a serial number, manufacturer or place of manufacturing. The only clue is the initials inscribed A S, which I'm assuming are the initials of the owner. I've never seen a Hussar's visor in the red and yellow pattern. The tough question is; This visor represents which regiment?! As you all know, collecting militaria is fun, and the history behind it is fun too...
    Please have a look at the picture below. I welcome your expertise and suggestions. It is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks for your help,
    Felix
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Possible German Hussar Regiment Visor from the 19th Century  

Hard to say what it is, exactly - but sadly what it is not is an Imperial German Hussar. The hussar regiments (almost) all employed three colors, and all of them used either white or yellow piping around the band and along the crown.

An outstanding online reference is: Kaiser's Bunker Imperial German Cloth Headgear Guide