MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Prussian Feldgrau Guard Cuirassier Regiment Visor

Article about: Hope you all enjoy this example. Quite hard to find I would think. A nice minty Prussian Feldgrau Officers Schirmmuetzen for Guard Cuirassier Regiment. Based on looking at Kaisers Bunker, it

MAP
    ?

Default Prussian Feldgrau Guard Cuirassier Regiment Visor

Hope you all enjoy this example. Quite hard to find I would think.

A nice minty Prussian Feldgrau Officers Schirmmuetzen for Guard Cuirassier Regiment.

Based on looking at Kaisers Bunker, it looks like this is potentially for the Kurassier Regt Graf Wrangel (Ostpreussisches) Nr. 3 (Konigsberg i Pr. ) I Armee Korpos.

Dating of this I think is approx 1916. It has a nice saddle shape, officers quality cloth, blue cap band, white piping with officers Cockades. Some minor spotting of the lining. Sweatband is in great shape although used. Size 55.

See link to Kaisers Bunker. Looks to be the 5th one down from the top

Kaiser's Bunker Imperial German Cloth Headgear Guide

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Michael, that cap is gorgeous! Makes want to stray into Imperial caps
    Regards, Al

MAP
    ?

Quote by Aldo View Post
    Michael, that cap is gorgeous! Makes want to stray into Imperial caps
    Thanks Al. She's a stunner! I saw it from the other side of the room almost!

But, you think this is nice? Take a look at the other one I just purchased! LoL (I'm surprised it lasted until mid day Saturday)

Prussian Dunkelblau Officers Schirmmuetze of the Regiment Gardes du Corps

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Wow, that's a stunner too! I guess it pays to go to the shows. Congratulations.
    Regards, Al

M, fantastic scores--I would have it in a heartbeat! Congrats, and thanks for sharing with us!
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

MAP
    ?

Quote by stonemint View Post
    M, fantastic scores--I would have it in a heartbeat! Congrats, and thanks for sharing with us!
    Thanks! Those were my thoughts as well when I saw it on the table. Glad you enjoyed it too!

Mike - It was nice to meet you at the show. I was the guy you were chatting Imperial headgear with as we tried to flag down the dealer to wander over…and actually sell something! (I went home with the reserve dragoon officer).

Yours is a lovely cap. The GKR, KR3 Graf Wrangel, and KR6 Kaiser Nikolas I von Rußland all used a variation of blue for their facing color (cornflower blue, light blue, and “Russian” blue respectively). The differences aren’t always obvious in references. But yours looks to me like the light blue of KR3.

Interestingly, there was a nice KR3 EM Koller for a OYV at the MAX show too – not something you see every day!

?

I agree, regiment is KR3.

BobS

MAP
    ?

Quote by Septhes View Post
    Mike - It was nice to meet you at the show. I was the guy you were chatting Imperial headgear with as we tried to flag down the dealer to wander over…and actually sell something! (I went home with the reserve dragoon officer).

Yours is a lovely cap. The GKR, KR3 Graf Wrangel, and KR6 Kaiser Nikolas I von Rußland all used a variation of blue for their facing color (cornflower blue, light blue, and “Russian” blue respectively). The differences aren’t always obvious in references. But yours looks to me like the light blue of KR3.

Interestingly, there was a nice KR3 EM Koller for a OYV at the MAX show too – not something you see every day!
    Wow...small world. I did not know you were a member here. Yes...that was quite funny with us trying to get their attention. But while we were waiting we did have a great conversation!

Thanks for the thoughts on this cap. There was so much going on that I didn't see the other KR3. Who was the dealer?

I also picked up another one at the show

Prussian Dunkelblau Officers Schirmmuetze of the Regiment Gardes du Corps

Would love to see the Reserve Dragoon. Hopefully you can post it!

Here you go - the pic from the parking lot I shared with my wife. : )

Beautiful shape and fittings - frosty eagle with gilt details picked out and polished by hand. They don't make them like they used to...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast