Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Questions about (fake) visor/crusher.

Article about: I have basically no background in relics, I guess I'd say I'm more of just a history buff. But when I walked past this guy in an antique shop, I couldn't stop myself. I assume from the price

Default Questions about (fake) visor/crusher.

I have basically no background in relics, I guess I'd say I'm more of just a history buff. But when I walked past this guy in an antique shop, I couldn't stop myself.

I assume from the price tag alone it's a repro. I was sort of considering wearing it around the house to annoy my girlfriend, and I know better than to do that with something real. So lucky me!

Anyway, assuming it's fake, I still had some questions I was hoping you guys could answer:
    1) Anyone know what this is pretending to be? It looked like an artillery officer visor, but I wasn't sure.
    2) Should I lower the Reich cockade? It seems a little higher than usual.
    3) Anyone know a good place to get cockades? I was thinking Prussia and ~maybe~ a totenkopf.
    4) Will I be able to get this back into decent shape with steam? Any other ideas?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Questions about (fake) visor/crusher.   Questions about (fake) visor/crusher.  

Questions about (fake) visor/crusher.   Questions about (fake) visor/crusher.  

I would agree, it is a repro Technical Troops Feldgrau visor.
    Looks made for reenacting.
    Cockade is of the Third Reich style--it needs to be more flat to be Imperial.
    Yes, you will need a state cockade and a Reichs cockade.

As far as a skull, those were worn by LHR 1 & 2, and also by HR17 and IR 92, so I don't believe a skull would be appropriate for this visor.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Quote by stonemint View Post
    I would agree, it is a repro Technical Troops Feldgrau visor.
    Looks made for reenacting.
    Cockade is of the Third Reich style--it needs to be more flat to be Imperial.
    Yes, you will need a state cockade and a Reichs cockade.

As far as a skull, those were worn by LHR 1 & 2, and also by HR17 and IR 92, so I don't believe a skull would be appropriate for this visor.
    Oh wow. Well, thanks for the info.

I'll probably swap out the Reich's cockade too, then.