Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Schirmmütze - Württemberg? Opinions please...

Article about: Dipping my toes into the imperial side of things, so knowledge is limited. After checking the threads on here, I'm erring on the side that this is a good one ... but will probably be proved

Default Schirmmütze - Württemberg? Opinions please...

Dipping my toes into the imperial side of things, so knowledge is limited.

After checking the threads on here, I'm erring on the side that this is a good one ... but will probably be proved wrong.

Thanks again, in advance....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Schirmmütze - Württemberg? Opinions please...   Schirmmütze - Württemberg? Opinions please...  

Schirmmütze - Württemberg? Opinions please...   Schirmmütze - Württemberg? Opinions please...  

"Per Ardua"

I agree that it looks good, if i´m correct it should be a Field-Artillery/Transportation Troops Officer Visor for Würtemberg.

MAP
    ?

A great looking example. But, my only concern however is the the Wurtemberg Korkaden looks to be for Other Ranks and not for an officer. But happy to stand corrected on this.

Kaiser's Bunker Imperial German Cloth Headgear Guide

Could also be Pioneers as well maybe? I do need to add more of these to my collection as well!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks Adravor, appreciated.

- - ------- - -

Thanks MAP, didn't notice that. Kaisers Bunker is an excellent resource!
    "Per Ardua"

I agree that the Würtemberg Cocade is enlisted, but maybe the owner went up in rank? Alsp possible is the cap is pre-1897 and the Reichskorkade was added Officer style, while the old Mannschafts Style cocade remained? One would have to compare other examples i assume. I think both are nice and original though.

Looks like a solid, clean example of a Pioneer/Artillery/Technical officer's cap.

The cockade looks to me like a correct two-piece officer's model, not the one-piece painted prong-back version for EM.

Thanks guys for all opinions
    "Per Ardua"

?

Nice cap, but an officer would have a black velvet band; this cap looks like it has a wool band.
    Could be a senior NCO's version.

BobS

Yes - what Bob said!

Likely a senior NCO in one of the Pioneer/Artillery/Technical units. Looks like a legit specimen that was on the higher end quality-wise when purchased.

~Jeff