Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

1890's 20th Ulan Rgt NCO Uniform & Sword

Article about: This was acquired at a Midwest USA estate auction. The 20th Ulan Regiment (Ludwigsburg) uniform is complete with woolen knee socks and boots. SOme items are unit marked issue pieces, others

pjm
    ?

Default 1890's 20th Ulan Rgt NCO Uniform & Sword

This was acquired at a Midwest USA estate auction. The 20th Ulan Regiment (Ludwigsburg) uniform is complete with woolen knee socks and boots. SOme items are unit marked issue pieces, others are private purchase. It shows considerable wear and the yellow facings are partially bleached out from use.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1890's 20th Ulan Rgt NCO Uniform & Sword   1890's 20th Ulan Rgt NCO Uniform & Sword  

1890's 20th Ulan Rgt NCO Uniform & Sword   1890's 20th Ulan Rgt NCO Uniform & Sword  

1890's 20th Ulan Rgt NCO Uniform & Sword   1890's 20th Ulan Rgt NCO Uniform & Sword  

pjm
    ?

Default Re: 1890's 20th Ulan Rgt NCO Uniform & Sword

details. Sword is the predecessor to the KD 89 that apparently had not yet reached this unit when the uniform was issued in 1894.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1890's 20th Ulan Rgt NCO Uniform & Sword   1890's 20th Ulan Rgt NCO Uniform & Sword  

?

Very nice uniform and sword......!
    I am shocked no one replied before

cheers,
    Pat

Nice find, it's pretty rare to get a entire uniform set that old. I'm jealous.

pjm
    ?

Thanks! It will be up for sale soon.

?

Very nice.

Just curious, about how much would you be thinking of asking?

Very nice!!
    I would love to own that one!
    Let me know when it comes up for sale.
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

My god! Just realized thise comes out of the cellars!!
    Forget me asking, this must be long gone!
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

no stuka,
    PJM just said about 3 days ago he is going to sell it, there is still a chance to get it as it is not up for sale yet
    though I must admit I too would love to have it in my collection aswell....!

cheers,
    Pat