Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

1914 Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse, fresh off the production line

Article about: The other item that I got alongside the Police cap badge is this cracking looking EK2. It has a closed 4 so it's maybe entering into the realms of Third Reich production era but I'd really a

Default 1914 Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse, fresh off the production line

The other item that I got alongside the Police cap badge is this cracking looking EK2.

It has a closed 4 so it's maybe entering into the realms of Third Reich production era but I'd really appreciate your input and possible ID of the maker.

It is so shiny it almost glows, so happy with it

Best

J

1914 Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse, fresh off the production line 1914 Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse, fresh off the production line

1914 Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse, fresh off the production line 1914 Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse, fresh off the production line

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1914 Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse, fresh off the production line
    P
    Many

Jamie,

What an absolute stunner! It would be hard to find a replacement for this one.

Regards,

Joel

Great looking cross, Jamie.
    I am pretty sure that this is a ww2 produced Deschler.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

It seems I have lucked out (yet again) with this new cross.

It transpires that this cross is the counterpart of the 1939 EK2 known as the "Straight 9". This means that they were both made using the same frame. Apparently it is a rare beastie indeed. As a Scotsman that is always good news haha.

Here are a few images to illustrate...

Quote by jamie7d7 View Post
    It transpires that this cross is the counterpart of the 1939 EK2 known as the "Straight 9". This means that they were both made using the same frame.
    You are correct.
    gregM

myself around.

?

My word Jamie, what a lucky find and an absolute beauty of a cross. This is why I love the Imperial EK, they really are stunning when in this condition. To me you can't find a better looking Eisernes Kreuz than an Imperial.

Ken

Thanks Ken. Yeah, like we said before, the Imperials are in a class of their own. And when a real rare one turns up then it is even better.

J

Jamie,
    I hope you don't mind, but I am adding that first full frontal picture to my
    database of Imperial crosses. Don't be surprised if someday it gets used as
    an example to answer someone's "who made this" question.
    gregM

myself around.

Wow

My first 'FULL FRONTAL'. Thank goodness it's just the cross photo that is needed haha

Fame at last