Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

1914 EKII + Medaille zum Ehrenzeichen für Deutsche Volkspflege

Article about: I have been eyeing this medal bar on TRD for quite some time now. Could I get some feedback on this set? I know the ribbon is incorrect for the Social Welfare medal & appears to be a rib

Default 1914 EKII + Medaille zum Ehrenzeichen für Deutsche Volkspflege

I have been eyeing this medal bar on TRD for quite some time now. Could I get some feedback on this set? I know the ribbon is incorrect for the Social Welfare medal & appears to be a ribbon for a Hanseatic Cross. I have also noticed the EKII is in far better condition than the Social Welfare medal so that leads me to believe the social welfare medal was possibly collector added since the ribbons + EKII are virtually mint.

Also, any thoughts on the reverse of the medal bar as far as the prongs go? They show corrosion yet the EKII doesn't? I love the look of this medal bar but it seems as though it does not have all of it's original components & is a mash-up. I don't mind purchasing this medal bar even if it is indeed made-up of components added at different times provided each component is original.

Any help would be appreciated!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1914 EKII + Medaille zum Ehrenzeichen für Deutsche Volkspflege
    P
    Many

The ribbon bar would be pre-1934, as it doesn't have the Hindenburg Cross on it.

What's your thoughts on the components in terms of being original? I believe the social welfare medal was incorrectly added later on to replace a Hanseatic Cross perhaps but that doesn't bother me if the social welfare medal + other items are legitimate. A respected member of the forum said the EKII looked good but I always welcome 2nd opinions.

IMO, both medals have been replaced with the ones currently on there.
    Condition of the bar does not match the medal condition.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Here is a similar medal bar with the 1914 EKII and Hamburg Hanseatic Cross

This is what the medal bar should look like with the appropriate medal planchet for the Hamburg Hanseatic Cross suspended from the ribbon that is on the first posting..

Smitty
    Attached Images Attached Images 1914 EKII + Medaille zum Ehrenzeichen für Deutsche Volkspflege  1914 EKII + Medaille zum Ehrenzeichen für Deutsche Volkspflege 

Thanks guys, much appreciated. I will likely pass on this medal bar & wait for a similar medal bar that has the original medals.