Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ALDO's TK

Article about: Re. this closed thread. http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/imperi...eth-tk-714899/ I didn't have the opportunity to respond properly to it before it was closed. IMHO, this is undoubtedly some sor

Default ALDO's TK

Re. this closed thread.

Freikorps, Elisabeth TK

I didn't have the opportunity to respond properly to it before it was closed.

IMHO, this is undoubtedly some sort of original military TK ................. not a carnival or SwJ item. Probably for a veteran piece.

It's unique in my experience .................. but construction conforms to known original variations on the theme ............ of which there were (very) many !

My best guess is that it may be from something like a veteran's flask .............. or child's headgear.

Here's a similarly 'odd' skull .......... with THREE bones .......... used on a vet flask and child's busby.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ALDO's TK   ALDO's TK  

ALDO's TK   ALDO's TK  

CBH
    ?

Thanks for the insight, when you put Veteran Organizations into the equation, the variations much be numerous.
    Besides the over two hundred years of use by various militaries.

And then there are all the Masonic possibilities for it's origin.

?

Robin, thank you for taking the time to post your opinion on this piece. I only closed the thread to avoid any more controversy or bad feelings between forum members.

All the Best,

Al

My pleasure, Al.

I didn't have the chance to post a reply earlier.

There are VERY many 'odd', but original, TKs in this game ................ so I have learned to never say 'never'.

Here are just a few other documented 'oddities' ................

ALDO's TK   ALDO's TK  

ALDO's TK   ALDO's TK  

Attached Images Attached Images ALDO's TK  ALDO's TK 

This is one of my own favourite oddball TKs ..................... the very first TK cuff title .................

From the obscure Wehrwolf 'Schwarze Brigade' of 300-odd members.

It was used long before the more well-known SS Oberbayern TK cuff title and collar tabs.

Took me quite a few years of patient waiting before I could snare it.

ALDO's TK   ALDO's TK  

ALDO's TK  

Here's the 'Schwarze Brigade' cuff title in its new home .................... along with a few other odd TKs.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ALDO's TK  

IMO, woven TKs are a whole different thing than the one that started this thread.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I agree Ralph .................... but the point I'm trying to make is that there was almost no limit to the oddball TK designs that were used over the years ....................... whether they be metal or cloth.

?

Robin, thanks for posting the interesting array of odd looking skulls. Interestingly enough, the website that sold me my skull also had a woven TK like the one you posted on the sidecap. Perhaps the website has an affinity for procuring rare or hard to find items .

Cheers, Al

ALDO's TKALDO's TK

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast