Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Artillery Stein

Article about: After doing a bunch of reading this showed up in the mail today, either my first pick up of 2022 or last of 2021 based on when it was paid for. It is named to reservist Mehl who was in the 5

Default Artillery Stein

After doing a bunch of reading this showed up in the mail today, either my first pick up of 2022 or last of 2021 based on when it was paid for. It is named to reservist Mehl who was in the 5th battery (5 batt.) 2nd Nassau field artillery regiment 63. Happy to finally add one of these to the collection the art on it is great and it has a lot of painted on embellishments as well as inscriptions. The second inscription from the top roughly translates to "in memory of the Imperial Maneuver in the Emmus Mountains". I'm assuming the artwork relates to that event as the scenes of the soldiers camping/unloading the gun/setting up the gun match photos that were taken from it, though I have not been able to find the Emmus mountains yet. The bottom has a lithophane base which is more detailed in person, that was difficult to take a picture of. On the back there are two unit rosters. Lastly wanted to thank Michael who helped me out on this. Thank you for reading!

Link to pictures from the kaisermanuover in 1905: Sammlung Online Munchner Stadtmuseum - Fotografie: Kaisermanover 1905/1906 von Oscar Tellgmann
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Artillery Stein   Artillery Stein  

Artillery Stein   Artillery Stein  

Artillery Stein  

MAP
    ?

Great pick up Steve. Looks fantastic next to that sword you bought out from under me ROFL!!!!

A nice looking example with bright colors and very good graphics!

These are always fun to research given how much information there is on them.

You know it is a tradition that you actually need to christen it by filling it up with a nice cold lager.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Great pick up Steve. Looks fantastic next to that sword you bought out from under me ROFL!!!!

A nice looking example with bright colors and very good graphics!

These are always fun to research given how much information there is on them.

You know it is a tradition that you actually need to christen it by filling it up with a nice cold lager.
    Haha next sword is all yours !

Researching has been fun so far some letters have been a bit of a challenge to decipher. I'll post what the inscriptions mean when I get them all "translated". I still have to work up the nerve to drink from it, I've been wearing cloth gloves almost every time I handle it.

A fantastic example, congratulations

Regards
    Santi

Congratulations! What a nice piece.

MAP
    ?

I will just add that the link you provided with the photos is fantastic. I have been looking at them all day.

Very crisp and clear. Giving great detail into the uniforms, headgear and equipment being used.

Neat looking at they type of headgear and matching up the equiptment. Actually seeing the Jagers wearing their Tschako's carrying their short rifles, Or the Ulans wearing their Tschapka helmets while riding their horses holding their lances

Too bad I couldn't enlarge them more!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

a lot of graphics on it.

Quote by TABSTABS1964 View Post
    A fantastic example, congratulations

Regards
    Santi

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    Congratulations! What a nice piece.
    Quote by toot View Post
    a lot of graphics on it.
    Thank you all for the comments!

Quote by MAP View Post
    I will just add that the link you provided with the photos is fantastic. I have been looking at them all day.

Very crisp and clear. Giving great detail into the uniforms, headgear and equipment being used.

Neat looking at they type of headgear and matching up the equiptment. Actually seeing the Jagers wearing their Tschako's carrying their short rifles, Or the Ulans wearing their Tschapka helmets while riding their horses holding their lances

Too bad I couldn't enlarge them more!
    I spent a few hours looking through them all. They're really interesting since you can see all the uncommon/rare equipment being used and while its "black and white" still cool to see the old dark blue uniforms being used in "the field".