Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Austro-hungarian leather belt and brass buckle. Good or fake?

Article about: Hello everybody. Recently ago, on one local flea market I bought this Austro-Hungarian belt with brass buckle, both in very good condition. There were some of that "green-vintage-storag

?

Question Austro-hungarian leather belt and brass buckle. Good or fake?

Hello everybody.

Recently ago, on one local flea market I bought this Austro-Hungarian belt with brass buckle, both in very good condition. There were some of that "green-vintage-storage-greasy" dirt, mostly on buckle and the hook, and few traces on belt itself. All of which I easily removed with some soapy water.

It came from a seller who actually didn't have any other militaria-related stuff, but regardless to that - I have a great doubt on its originality, even before I bought it. But on the other hand, it was too cheap, to be left even if it's fake.

The buckle has great detail quality but looks simply too new (well, maybe simply it was not worn too much?), the belt is aged and obviously worn, but still... ... ...

What's your opinion??

Thnx.

Austro-hungarian leather belt and brass buckle. Good or fake?Austro-hungarian leather belt and brass buckle. Good or fake?
    Austro-hungarian leather belt and brass buckle. Good or fake?Austro-hungarian leather belt and brass buckle. Good or fake?

I've had German belts in as good condition. I don't see why it would strike you more as fake than original. It has not been through the mill, but shows honest use.

?

Hi Grausig13. Thanks for the reply.

I also think the belt is more likely to be real. But what about the buckle? Are there known examples of fakes of this exact type?

On the other hand, belt in this condition is expected to be accompanied with a nice buckle (one that didn't see much of field and combats)

There are many aged replicas on the market, but your one looks convincing. You can compare with them:

Original:
    https://www.ebay.de/itm/K-u-k-Leibri...-/232559239300

Copy:
    https://www.ebay.de/itm/Koppelschlos...-/162797618716

regards
    Tomasz

?

Thanks Tomasz.

I'm in militaria collecting for almost 20 years (although I don't collect K.u.K. militaria), but with this piece I'm still very reserved. I can't explain why, but this is how I feel.

Maybe I should narrow my question to : Has anybody ever seen any fake piece of this exact buckle model (I will call it ''model with wide crown ribbon'')?

Maybe this would help too. Same types of this buckle I consider to be originals.
    Austro-hungarian leather belt and brass buckle. Good or fake?Austro-hungarian leather belt and brass buckle. Good or fake?Austro-hungarian leather belt and brass buckle. Good or fake?

?

Hello....my opinion is that both, belt and buckle are ok!!

Best regards Sašo

?

Sašo, that's very reassuring. I appreciate your opinion very much.

Thanks.
    Hvala