Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Authenticity of this M18 ECO?

Article about: Hi guys, I’ve been looking at this M18 Ear cut out, I believe it to be authentic with the proper ET 64 marking along with some damage, but a good amount of original paint. What do you reck

Default Authenticity of this M18 ECO?

Hi guys, I’ve been looking at this M18 Ear cut out, I believe it to be authentic with the proper ET 64 marking along with some damage, but a good amount of original paint. What do you reckon would be a fair price for this? If real I would be willing to pay $875 for it. Is this somewhat low for what it is? Thanks in advance. M18 Ear Cut Out - Album on Imgur

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Authenticity of this M18 ECO?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Michael,

Welcome to the forum.

Forum rules require photos to be posted directly to the forum and image hosting sites are not allowed.

If you post your photos, we would be happy to try and help you out.

If you can, please post straight on photos at eye level of the front, back and sides of the helmet. It's all about the "curves" on an ECO. That's what we need to see.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

As MAP has indicated, better photos are required to properly analyse this helmet.

Based on the images posted so far, this helmet stands a chance. It ticks the boxes of being attributed to the correct manufacturer and is also stamped with the correct period font. There are other things that I like about it too.

The inner paint, shows the type of patina and colour you would want to see on an original issued WW1 German Steel Helmet.. The outside paint appears to be post WW1 and could point to a reissue at some point. Better photos will greatly assist either way in interpreting the outer paint and originality overall.

A pity about the damage, looks as though it was deliberately holed to avoid it being worn again.

Default Here are the photos, I was unable to upload them on my phone so I had to export them to upload on my laptop.

Authenticity of this M18 ECO?Authenticity of this M18 ECO?Authenticity of this M18 ECO?Authenticity of this M18 ECO?Authenticity of this M18 ECO?

Default Here's the maker's stamp, all in order as well.

Authenticity of this M18 ECO?

Michael, thank you for uploading these images. We don’t see too many ECO’s on here and having another original to view is very helpful for future reference. And congratulations on picking up a winner!

Shame about the damage, but it’s all part of the helmets history and an ECO no less.

Does the helmet have brush marks on it? Looks a bit like it but hard to tell from the pictures. I can see the original feldgrau, but the darker paint looks like a later application.

Thanks,
    Andy