Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Bavarian Infantrie Dunkelblau Schirmmuetzen for Mannschaften

Article about: My last pick up from the MAX show. Really nothing special as they are quiet common. But I like these and want to keep adding them given that they are relatively inexpensive compared to TR er

MAP
    ?

Default Bavarian Infantrie Dunkelblau Schirmmuetzen for Mannschaften

My last pick up from the MAX show. Really nothing special as they are quiet common. But I like these and want to keep adding them given that they are relatively inexpensive compared to TR era. This one is not messed with and in great shape with just a little wear under the hood and some age related dirt on the red center band (the dark spots on the top is just the morning dew from the day lilly's

This one appears to be private purchase given the split pin Kokarden but no maker mark is present. It is apparently named on the liner but for the life of me I can't read it. There is also writing on the inside of the liner band but again....no idea what it says. Can anyone guess?

I do have a couple of questions if anyone can answer.

1) How do you date these? It's my understanding that these Dunkelblau visors are pre-WW1 (up to 1910 according to Kaisers Bunker). But were they also worn/made war time? Obviously this one is post 1897 as it has the Reichs Kokarden. Kaisers Bunker also goes on to say that post 1910, "....the old Dunkelblau uniforms were maintained for all other occasions such as walking out and parades". So how do we really know? (EDIT - in reading further on the Kaiser Bunkers website, he states that in 1915 the old Dunkelblau uniforms were "finally" phased out. )

2) The odd thing with this visor is the grey fabric below the red center band. Has anyone see something like this before?

Last edited by MAP; 09-22-2021 at 04:26 AM.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Can't help with the questions Michael, but that is a very nice piece.

Still in great condition and I find anything named that little bit more interesting.

Andy

MAP
    ?

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    Can't help with the questions Michael, but that is a very nice piece.

Still in great condition and I find anything named that little bit more interesting.

Andy
    Thanks Andy.

You would have hoped these guys would have thought of us 110 years ago and been kind enough to write in block letters.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Great pick up, its in amazing shape! Agree with you on the cursive I can barely read it which makes researching a bit difficult.