Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Bronze of Paul Von Hindenburg

Article about: Gents, have any of you seen anything like this before? I think it is an bronze of Hindenburg by V Hugo 1924. It is very heavy and the frame will have to be repaired to make sure it does not

Default Bronze of Paul Von Hindenburg

Gents, have any of you seen anything like this before? I think it is an bronze of Hindenburg by V Hugo 1924. It is very heavy and the frame will have to be repaired to
    make sure it does not come a part. Very interested in your comments. Thanks LW
    Bronze of Paul Von HindenburgBronze of Paul Von HindenburgBronze of Paul Von HindenburgBronze of Paul Von Hindenburg

Okay I cropped the images down and still a couple of them rotated. How can you fix this? Thanks LW

Your overall picture size is too large.
    I first rotated your picture and tried to post it but it rotated back for me also.
    So I resized your picture to 900 x 675 pixels (down from 1677 X 1258 pixels)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bronze of Paul Von Hindenburg  
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Regards
    Santi

Hello LoneWolf, no, I haven’t seen one before but there were many of these types of tribute reliefs and bust created in Hindenburgs honour. This is a particularly nice example!

Andy

Andy, Thanks and what is interesting about it is, how far it sticks out of the frame. I'll get a picture of it and you can it almost has a 3D effect.
    LW

Great item...and should have Hindenburgs quote of Adolf Hitler at the bottom ...

" That man for a Chancellor? I'll make him a postmaster and he can lick the stamps with my head on them. "
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Very interesting. I'm trying to convince myself that someone has scratched something legible into the left vertical piece of wood? Not sure whether it actually said "Hindenburg" or if it is just scratches?

Nice piece of Patriotika, and yes, he was famous for commenting that Hitler should be made postmaster, and here you need to understand German, 'damit er mich von Hinten ablecken kann', 'so he can lick my backside'. BTW my grandfather's hero was Hindenburg, and he attended his funeral at Tannenberg.

Here is a side view. Almost looks 3D!