Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Circa 1914 Prussian Infantry Bugle.

Article about: The latest addition to my WW1 German collection is this circa 1914 Prussian Infantry Bugle. Constructed from brass, the bugle is still in great condition but missing its leather strap. Showi

Default Circa 1914 Prussian Infantry Bugle.

Circa 1914 Prussian Infantry Bugle.The latest addition to my WW1 German collection is this circa 1914 Prussian Infantry Bugle. Constructed from brass, the bugle is still in great condition but missing its leather strap. Showing signs of heavy use with the usual dents and scratches associated with these items, I particularly liked this example as it retains a nice patina unlike a lot of other examples that have been polished relentless.

Andy
    Circa 1914 Prussian Infantry Bugle.Circa 1914 Prussian Infantry Bugle.Circa 1914 Prussian Infantry Bugle.Circa 1914 Prussian Infantry Bugle.Circa 1914 Prussian Infantry Bugle.Circa 1914 Prussian Infantry Bugle.Circa 1914 Prussian Infantry Bugle.

I don't know anything about bugals but I do agree that it looks really cool
    and would make a fine addition to a display.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

CBH
    ?

There is a similar bugle in the Cape Breton Highlanders museum that I volunteer, it was captured and used by Canadians.
    Sorry about the poor photo.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Circa 1914 Prussian Infantry Bugle.  
    Last edited by CBH; 09-27-2020 at 05:07 PM.

MAP
    ?

Wow! Those photos are great. (So you are mastering the light box )

Fantastic looking piece. Would love to see photos next to a Haub or helmet
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks Greg. Hard to find a lot of information on them however they are not too scarce. They were apparently used to sound an advance, call a halt and generally move troops around on the battlefield.

Andy

Thanks for the photo CBH. Looks like it has some material wrapped around it. I was told this was to make them stand out less. I’ve seen some examples painted feldgrau too. Wish there was a museum near me that I could volunteer at.

Andy

Thanks MAP. These were taken outside yesterday in the early morning sunlight. I was really pleased with the photos. I think the bugle lends itself to photography. I’ll try to set up a grouping for you. I’ve seen them being used by soldiers with steel helmets so that’s a possibility as well.

Andy

A lovely item and as said the photos are really good - as you know i thought they were from the seller.
    The curved grey card as a back drop works really well.
    nick

?

thanks' for sharing it with us.

Thanks Nick and toot, much appreciated.

Andy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast