Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Dreyse M1907 semi-automatic pistol - looking for information/opinions on markings

Article about: Hi all I recently acquired a Dreyse Model 1907 pistol and was looking for any advice / opinions / insights into its former history. I understand the serial no. dates it to 1916 manufacture,

?

Default Dreyse M1907 semi-automatic pistol - looking for information/opinions on markings

Hi all

I recently acquired a Dreyse Model 1907 pistol and was looking for any advice / opinions / insights into its former history. I understand the serial no. dates it to 1916 manufacture, and judging by the condition the pistol's seen some hard use. It came with a matching serial numbered magazine.

First question is regarding the stamps on the rear right frame, these read 'PVD 714' but have been crossed through - I'm guessing they're some sort of Police ownership stamp or suchlike, which were cancelled when it was taken out of Police service and maybe reassigned to the Military? Does anyone know which division they could relate to?

The pistol's also been quite crudely repaired at the front hinge, and the grips have been replaced - the ingrained patina suggests this was done some time ago. My own thoughts are this could link to either Volksstrum or partisan use, does anyone have any opinions or insights?

Dreyse M1907 semi-automatic pistol - looking for information/opinions on markingsDreyse M1907 semi-automatic pistol - looking for information/opinions on markingsDreyse M1907 semi-automatic pistol - looking for information/opinions on markingsDreyse M1907 semi-automatic pistol - looking for information/opinions on markingsDreyse M1907 semi-automatic pistol - looking for information/opinions on markings

MAP
    ?

Not something I know much about but certainly an interesting pistol. Hopefully someone here has some information for you.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)