Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fleabay Tunic. Any help?

Article about: Saw this one on Fleabay, claiming to be a WW1 German Tunic of some sort. To me, it looks like a 1907/14 style tunic with the simplified cuffs and no red trim. But I need another opinion. Wha

Default Fleabay Tunic. Any help?

Saw this one on Fleabay, claiming to be a WW1 German Tunic of some sort. To me, it looks like a 1907/14 style tunic with the simplified cuffs and no red trim. But I need another opinion. What even is it? Is it original, reproduction? My own gut feeling tells me it is probably either reproduction or a somewhat more recent tunic from some European country, though I'm not sure what. Any help would be appreciated!

Fleabay Tunic. Any help?

Fleabay Tunic. Any help?

Fleabay Tunic. Any help?

Fleabay Tunic. Any help?

Fleabay Tunic. Any help?

I don't recognize the buttons, but the stamp looks promising to my unexperienced eyes.

?

Swedish ?

?

This is a Swedish tunic. i'm not sure on the age but it is to my best knowledge pre-1950

CSW
    ?

As said above, it's a Swedish M/39-58 tunic originally made in the 1940s - I think the stamp says 1945. The buttons are standard Swedish military buttons with the Tre kronor national crown symbols on them. The item has nothing to do with WW1 Germany

Just curious, how much is the seller asking for it?

CBH
    ?

Swedish and it's dated 1945.
    Looks like the chest pockets where moved to the rear.

?

That’s where they are meant to be.. I think it’s the mountain troops version.

Pockets to the rear are a post '45 mod can't remember when they did these?

... unfortunately it's not so seldom that sellers try to sell these Swedish tunics as original German WW 1 ones . Some time ago a seller showed the front of such a tunic only. When I asked him to show a picture with its (total) back he canceled the offer.

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    Last edited by Alter Musketier; 10-04-2020 at 10:26 AM.
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

Well, I have come late to this party and it has all been said but for what it is worth as soon as I saw the crown stamp inside the tunic and the triple crown on the button it was Swedish all day long and I know very little about uniforms of WWI.
    It just shows that general militaria knowledge will trump many of the bullshit dealers most of the time! Just saying

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Early in my reenacting life, we did our best to modify these to look German. Not the best but when the only alternative was to wear something original it was preferred. What an ordeal that was. Shorten the length, move the pockets, add darts to the rear, add belt hooks, replace all of the buttons, change the placement of the button at the collar, add slits and buttons to the wrist and finally all of the insignia. As soon as I saw it, I knew it was Swedish surplus and those bad memories of conversion came flooding back! Neil

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast