Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Framed photo of a cavalry corporal with the Iron Cross II

Article about: Hello friends, at the end of the year I wanna show you this beautiful photo of a cavalry corporal with the EK II from 1914. The ribbon is clearly visible. An original award has been applied

Default Framed photo of a cavalry corporal with the Iron Cross II

Hello friends, at the end of the year I wanna show you this beautiful photo of a cavalry corporal with the EK II from 1914. The ribbon is clearly visible. An original award has been applied to the frame, which is made from oak wood and dates from about the 1920s. I was able to purchase the piece at a flea market in Germany in the early 1990s.

A Happy new Year to all ya!

The Sammler
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Framed photo of a cavalry corporal with the Iron Cross II   Framed photo of a cavalry corporal with the Iron Cross II  

Last edited by rbminis; 02-13-2023 at 06:17 AM.

Pretty cool, have you removed the photo from the frame to see if anything is written on the back?

Quote by VtwinVince View Post
    Pretty cool, have you removed the photo from the frame to see if anything is written on the back?
    No, I wouldn't do that either, for heaven's sake, because it's stuck with special tape. The photo was professionally framed in a photo studio.

To each his own. Can you show me how the EK is attached on the back? I suspect it was added later.

Quote by VtwinVince View Post
    To each his own. Can you show me how the EK is attached on the back? I suspect it was added later.
    Yes of course it was added later, it's nailed to the back of the frame. I guess the wearer did it himself.