Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

german helmet cover possibly real?

Article about: Hello, I wanted some professional help to see if this helmet cover is real, I can't tell but it looks good, thank you

Default german helmet cover possibly real?

Hello, I wanted some professional help to see if this helmet cover is real, I can't tell but it looks good, thank you

The guys over at Pickelhaubes.com gave it a thumbs up and the owner Alan is no fool. I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    The guys over at Pickelhaubes.com gave it a thumbs up and the owner Alan is no fool. I wouldn't have a problem with it.
    I have no idea, but Glenn's recommendation would be solid. Leon.

Thank you glen, now I feel better about it, it's like group therapy lol

Are these kinda hard to find and what rough ballpark these worth? I know I hate that question too. Just don't want to over pay for it

If the "Alan" that Glenn is referring to is ww1czechlegion, I would have no worries either. He is a member here as well.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

He is indeed our own, beloved, ww1czechlegion!

MAP
    ?

He is indeed our own, beloved, ww1czechlegion!
    Haven't seen him around in a while. Good guy.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Personally,I think that the cloth covers in a non-age destroyed condition are just as rare-if not even abit more so than the helmet itself. They have been, naturally, climbing in values correspondingly as well. $300-$400 is no longer a shocking price tag for these.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hello,

I've been absent for quite some time from this fine forum, my apologies. I've been absent on other forums as well. My life changed quite a bit with a new job that I started back in April. 12-hour shift work that switches between days and nights every 4-weeks. Seems that I don't get anything done on the days or nights that I am working, and my days off seem to be used for running errands or doing projects around home.

Yes, I acquired the helmet cover from the family of a WW1 U.S. Officer back in October, along with an enlisted wartime Jaeger zu Pferde helmet which I had listed on eBay as well (and just sold on Saturday with a "buy-it-now".) I wish that I could keep everything Imperial German that I find, but it helps me to have less money tied up in the things that I choose to keep, for better or worse.

I will post a couple of photos of the helmet & cover as I saw them from the family before my purchase. I was unable to come to terms with them on what they wanted for the Prussian enlisted infantry pickelhaube with the incorrect curved chinscales on it. Seems that the Officer acquired these in November or first part of December 1918 from some French Soldiers whom he purchased them from for the sum of $15. I have a letter from the Officer that he mailed home to his sweetheart/fiance which mentions them. I will post a copy of the letter for everyone to read.

Whoever ends up purchasing the helmet cover will receive a photocopy of the letter and envelope. The original letter and envelope will be going to the new owner of the Jaeger zu Pferde helmet.

I've acquired some nice items in the past 30-45 days, including a 2nd Guard Ulan Officer Tschapka with a Red Musician's Plume, a couple of felt spike helmets, and I was able to "cherry-pick" several rare Imperial German belt buckles from the collection of a retired collector friend who is in the process of selling off his non-US medal grouping related collection. Unfortunately things like this seem to happen "all-at-once" and I'm unable to keep it all. Selling some of it helps to have less money tied up in the things that I end up wanting to keep. Hope this makes sense.

I don't know what the cover will bring for a price. Yes, they are far harder to find than a pickelhaube, and the ones with numbers are harder to find than the ones without numbers, in my opinion. I have had several people in the US, UK, and Europe who have wanted me to put a price on it and do a "buy-it-now" purchase for them. I will let the eBay auction ride itself out to the end, and see what it brings. I've probably frustrated some interested individuals by my choosing to do such.

Best Regards,

Alan

german helmet cover possibly real?german helmet cover possibly real?german helmet cover possibly real?german helmet cover possibly real?german helmet cover possibly real?german helmet cover possibly real?german helmet cover possibly real?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast