Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

German Submarine Development during World War I and the story of Kapitänleutant Otto Weddigen and U-9

Article about: In the first part of this thread, some history of the German and British navies in World War I will be discussed with particular emphasis on the development and deployment of the German subm

Poster stamps were popular around 1900 in featuring patriots and war heroes. This poster stamp features Otto Weddigen.
    German Submarine Development during World War I and the story of Kapitänleutant Otto Weddigen and U-9

U-9 featured on Grenada postage stamp.

Patriotic voice and piano piece composed by Max Traun. Published by A. E. Fischer in Bremen, 1915.
    German Submarine Development during World War I and the story of Kapitänleutant Otto Weddigen and U-9German Submarine Development during World War I and the story of Kapitänleutant Otto Weddigen and U-9
    Translation: Song Otto Weddigen
    1. He chased his boat through green waves threatened by cliffs and armor and mines always to reach the goal, always close to death. Otto Weddigen the Captain.
    2. He dove up and down as if in jest and the bitter perishable ore shot into the British heart. Otto Weddigen, the captain.
    3. The enemy had him out of the bottom of the soul. He looked in astonishment that we were round the earth but we all cheer every hour.
    4. Whom did death stop in the proudest victory run with compelling arms? Who dove down and never up? Otto Weddigen, our captain.
    5. He has been resting silent comrades and yet he did not die. It is consecrated for time and forever. Otto Weddigen our captain.

Portrait Postcards of Otto Weddigen.German Submarine Development during World War I and the story of Kapitänleutant Otto Weddigen and U-9
    Painted by Karl Bauer. A portion
    of the proceeds from purchasing
    this postcard to be donated to
    East Prussia. Welfare card.
    Many patriotic postcards also featured donating a portion of the costs of these postcards to charitable organizations such as the Red Cross and to support convalescence organizations for German military veterans.

Welfare card on the right issued to collect capital to support blind warriors of the army and navy. Postcard on the left with Otto Weddigen wearing the Iron Cross First Class.

Iron cross First Class is worn as a pinned medal on the left side of the uniform. The Iron Cross second class is suspended by a ribbon in the mid front of the uniform.
    German Submarine Development during World War I and the story of Kapitänleutant Otto Weddigen and U-9German Submarine Development during World War I and the story of Kapitänleutant Otto Weddigen and U-9
    Military leader postcard #39 photographed by Otto Barkhausen, Wilhelmshaven.

“Youth” postcard painted by P. Rieth of Müchen.

Portrait painted before his last voyage. Inscription reads, “And if I don't return home over the year when the cuckoo call dies away, then the sea has devoured me, then goodbye forever then goodbye my darling goodbye.”

German Submarine Development during World War I and the story of Kapitänleutant Otto Weddigen and U-9Postcard on the right, “He is not dead, his spirit lives on in his comrades.” Card on the left reviews the victory of “A year ago.”

Additional postcards of Otto Weddigen

German Submarine Development during World War I and the story of Kapitänleutant Otto Weddigen and U-9German Submarine Development during World War I and the story of Kapitänleutant Otto Weddigen and U-9German Submarine Development during World War I and the story of Kapitänleutant Otto Weddigen and U-9German Submarine Development during World War I and the story of Kapitänleutant Otto Weddigen and U-9German Submarine Development during World War I and the story of Kapitänleutant Otto Weddigen and U-9German Submarine Development during World War I and the story of Kapitänleutant Otto Weddigen and U-9German Submarine Development during World War I and the story of Kapitänleutant Otto Weddigen and U-9German Submarine Development during World War I and the story of Kapitänleutant Otto Weddigen and U-9German Submarine Development during World War I and the story of Kapitänleutant Otto Weddigen and U-9German Submarine Development during World War I and the story of Kapitänleutant Otto Weddigen and U-9

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast