Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

German WW1 helmet

Article about: Does anyone know more about this helmet? Does anyone know a manufacturer or date it was likely made? Thanks in advance.

Default German WW1 helmet

Does anyone know more about this helmet? Does anyone know a manufacturer or date it was likely made? Thanks in advance.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German WW1 helmet
    P
    Many

Sorry I forgot to add pictures.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German WW1 helmet   German WW1 helmet  

German WW1 helmet   German WW1 helmet  

Seems like there is no picture...
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Hi KyleSchuette

Looks like a helmet produced between 1916 and 1918. Just kidding. Of course it's a ww1 German stahlhelm. Looks like a size 62. A small one. Lot nr. E87. Can't see makers mark. This should be in the inner right side of the helmet. Original ww1 paint on the inside. Repainted outside after ww1, when is unclear. Maybe used by the 'Reichswehr' of the Weimar Republic.

Cheers Paul

Hi Kyle,

Judging by the shape of the shell and size, it appears to be either a Gebrueder Gnuechtel A.G., Lauter i./Sa made shell or a Siemens & Halske A.G., Siemenstadt Berlin. Gerbruders were a size 62 only while S&H were only made in the size 60. The transition from visor to rear skirt and deeply stepped vent lugs are the main giveaways. Slight chance it could be a size 60 ET too.

Interior paint is original but unfortunately painted on the outside post war which has ruined the originality of the shell. A shame as both makers are somewhat scarce compared with say, ET or BF.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyM35; 03-21-2021 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Spelling

The outside paint is post 1945 in my opinion.

Is it possible that there is no maker mark. I have yet to find one.

It would be very unusual. There is a heating lot code in the dome so I would expect a maker mark but this one could be an exception.

Perhaps send an email to the dealers and ask for a pic.

Andy

MAP
    ?

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    The outside paint is post 1945 in my opinion.
    Agree. Paint does look fresh. I would certainly expect a lot more wear if a Reichwehr era paint. Near perfect paint on the whole exterior except for the edges and lugs.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)