Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

German WWI private purchased trench-knife

Article about: Hi, mates ! Want to show you this private purchased German trench-knife. This kind of non attachable knive´s were sold by traders with, or without, a narrow press-catch. Some owner of such a

Default German WWI private purchased trench-knife

Hi, mates !

Want to show you this private purchased German trench-knife.

This kind of non attachable knive´s were sold by traders with, or without, a narrow press-catch.

Some owner of such a knife later decided to add his knife with a narrow press-catch because of "optical-reason´s" ...

(A press-catch in the predator-bird looking pommel suggest´s an "bird´s-eye").

It seem´s, that the narrow press-catch of my knife indeed is a knurled-head screw ...

Any comments ?

Rgds.,

R.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German WWI private purchased trench-knife   German WWI private purchased trench-knife  

German WWI private purchased trench-knife   German WWI private purchased trench-knife  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German WWI private purchased trench-knife
    P
    Many

Default Re: German WWI private purchased trench-knife

Hi Reibert, interesting little modification. A friend of mine used to own one of these style knives many years ago. I wish I had bought it from him back then.

Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: German WWI private purchased trench-knife

Reibert, i believe your 'Nahkampfmesser' is of the Third Reich era, between 1935-40, it is very similiar to a 'CARL EICKHORN WAFFENFABRIK' produced knife, (if it was, it would be marked as such, incl the 'squirrel/sword motif) with a blade similiar to a WW1 trench knife. The style of scabbard was still made, (WW1type) upto the outbreak of WW2.