Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help with Imperial German stein

Article about: I would like some help on an Imperial German Stein , given to Jacob Kuber, 1 Esk. 3 Bayr. Chevaulgr. Reg Mt. Herzog Karl Theodor Dieuze 1908-11. I have almost no experience in these stein, b

?

Default Help with Imperial German stein

I would like some help on an Imperial German Stein , given to Jacob Kuber, 1 Esk. 3 Bayr. Chevaulgr. Reg Mt. Herzog Karl Theodor Dieuze 1908-11.
    I have almost no experience in these stein, but have been trying to educate myself with still uncertainty. I wondering if this 3rd Bavarian Chevraulegers stein is original, the age, repro etc.
    It seems to be a Fine painted porcelain mug. An unknown metal lid with a "Chevauleger" to the top. Nice colored pictures. A full list of all names of the unit. The lithophane bottom with a soldier and maiden scene. Well visible when the mug is held against the light.
    Any help, thoughts, authenticity information would be greatly appreciated. Help with Imperial German steinHelp with Imperial German steinHelp with Imperial German steinHelp with Imperial German steinHelp with Imperial German steinHelp with Imperial German steinHelp with Imperial German steinHelp with Imperial German steinHelp with Imperial German steinHelp with Imperial German stein
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with Imperial German stein   Help with Imperial German stein  

?

I apologize for the photos. It doesn’t matter how hard I try to upload my photos, different angles, they won’t load upright.

Hi Obal,

I’m not a beer stein collector so can’t help in that regard, however there are some knowledgeable stein collectors in the group who should be along shortly to assist.

Regarding the with the photos, please see the following post which gives some suggestions.
    Each picture that I post is appearing upside down. How do I fix this?

Andy

?

Thanks for the tip. Sounds like other members are having the same upload problem. Thanks for the link. Some good tips, I will try.

MAP
    ?

The Stein looks good to me but hard to see up close details.

If you run your fingers over the stein, do you feel and see any evidence of hand painting on top of the scenes? Like raise bumps and such?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

It’s hard to tell. It looks like and feels mostly smooth, but on some accents, it slightly feels like some edges or ridges. But I don’t know if it’s me or the paint/transfers. I’m inexperienced.

Hope that helps

Regards
    Santi

MAP
    ?

The construction of the lid seems correct. The handle looks right as well. I haven't seen a lithophane like this one but there were many types.

Most of these have some hand applied finishing paint. Mostly the gold tones like buttons, etc which creates these bumps when you run your fingers over it
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Santi! Thanks for coming to my rescue…again.
    (I’ll get it figured out)

?

Thanks MAP!
    Thanks for chiming in. I can see what you are saying about the “gold” raised areas. These areas especially around Gold Frames (ridges) and the Gold medals seem to be an “ever so slightly” little bumps or raised area. Also the buttons.
    But it sounds like good news about the lid construction, lithophane and the handle.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast