Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help! Is this Kriegsmarine Flag authentic?

Article about: I'm interested in this WW1 Kriegsmarine flag, but wanted to get some opinions on its authenticity before purchasing. The seller is Helmut Weitze, who seems to be a well respected dealer, but

Default Help! Is this Kriegsmarine Flag authentic?

Help! Is this Kriegsmarine Flag authentic?Help! Is this Kriegsmarine Flag authentic?Help! Is this Kriegsmarine Flag authentic?

I'm interested in this WW1 Kriegsmarine flag, but wanted to get some opinions on its authenticity before purchasing. The seller is Helmut Weitze, who seems to be a well respected dealer, but just for peace of mind I wanted to see what people thought. Thanks.

Welcome to the forum,
    I cannot comment on the flag, but Helmut Weitze has mixed reviews on this forum. Some people speak very highly of him, whereas others have noted obvious fake items on his site. Make of that what you wish.
    Nick.

Personally I am not a huge fan of this flag.. Looks like a 1960's remake.. The fabric looks awful thin and I would like to see better pictures of the hoist side of the flag and the lanyard links..

Smitty

Yeah, the material and the lack of markings concern me as well. I wasn't aware of the mixed reviews of Weitze, I'll have to look at what other people have said.

Yup,

Do some research and see what others have to say... In the end though you have to be happy with the purchase and no-one else.. But you can be commended for bringing your concerns here in order to get some other thoughts instead of spending money and not being satisfied...

Smitty

I agree with concerns over fabric being a little lightweight. Also be good to see closeup of the attachment points and seams.