Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Hesse- uniform

Article about: Hessen-Darmstadt field blouse M 1910, trousers, and visor for a Sergeant-Leutnant Infantry Regiment Emperor Wilhelm NR. 116 This is one of my favorites. It's really nice and it has that &quo

ccj
    ?

Default Hesse- uniform

Hessen-Darmstadt field blouse M 1910, trousers, and visor for a Sergeant-Leutnant Infantry Regiment Emperor Wilhelm NR. 116

This is one of my favorites. It's really nice and it has that "been there" feel.

Trousers not shown. I need ot take photos...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hesse- uniform   Hesse- uniform  

Hesse- uniform   Hesse- uniform  

Hesse- uniform  

Default Re: Hesse- uniform

ccj....stunning uniform ! private purchase Officer cut from ribbed material, and like you say, for a Feldwebel-Leutnant of the Infanterie-Regt. Kaiser Wilhelm (2. Großherzoglich Hessisches) Nr.116, garrisoned at Gießen, part of XVIII Armee Korps, a rare uniform from a rare Regiment indeed, and displaying the "warrior honour decoration in iron"...(in leu of the EK I shown in the first photo), more appropriate in my opinion for that tunic !......great shot of the 2.9 cm Hesse NCO button and Leutnants red flecked shoulder boards. For members unaware, a Feldwebel-Leuntnant was an Officer Aspirant who was recruited from amongst senior NCO's having had at least 12 years service and was ranked with a Leutnant. Thanks for showing..... Prost ! Steve.
    Last edited by oradour; 10-18-2010 at 07:51 PM.

Another stunning uniform. Ok if you insist I will accept it as my christmas present, just box it up and send it along. Everyday is a learning experience and today was no different. Didn't know about the Sgt-Lt rank. If I had seen this on e-bay I would have been suspect seeing the Lt straps combined with the NCO piping on the collar. Thanks for keeping us straight.

Terry

?

That's a real beauty!

Adler