Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Imperial Baden-Württemberg Tea set

Article about: Just wanted to share a new addition to the collection. An imperial German Baden-Württemberg tea set. It is not maker marked however each piece has a 2404 on the bottom. (Not sure what that s

Default Imperial Baden-Württemberg Tea set

Just wanted to share a new addition to the collection. An imperial German Baden-Württemberg tea set. It is not maker marked however each piece has a 2404 on the bottom. (Not sure what that stands for) Some of the pieces have flakes of paint missing. The sugar bowl is missing it's top, however I think it's a great little set. I need to do a little more research on it. I believe the stylized "W" underneath the cross on the pitcher stands for Württemberg, but not sure? I'd appreciate if anybody on here has anything to shareImperial Baden-Württemberg Tea setImperial Baden-Württemberg Tea setImperial Baden-Württemberg Tea setImperial Baden-Württemberg Tea setImperial Baden-Württemberg Tea setImperial Baden-Württemberg Tea set. Best regards.

Personally, I don't think there is a Baden-Württemberg connection.

A black-over-yellow flag was also used by the Habsburg Monarchy, and although it was no longer the flag of the Austro-Hungarian Empire, these old colors were still commonly used on WWI-era patriotic pieces to symbolize Austria.

In my opinion, this is about the brotherhood-in-arms of the German and the Austro-Hungarian Empire in the Great War (friendship between nations is commonly symbolized by crossed flags), and the "W" is the cypher for Kaiser Wilhelm.

CBH
    ?

Nice Patriotic Coffee Set, I believe tea sets have small cups. I could be wrong.
    Too bad about the sugar bowl lid, but the coffee pot lid is only gold pinstriped it might be possible to find a decent replacement.
    It would look great in a WWI display.

HPL2008. Thank you so much for the input. I appreciate it. I was having a tough time trying to figure that black and yellow flag out and also the W. Again I can't thank you enough.

Chris,
    Yes the tea cups are a little on the small side. I'm guessing they hold 6-7 ounces. I'll fill one up with a 12 oz beer and see how much is left. lol. I've actually been looking in antique shops for a similar lid for the sugar bowl, but haven't found anything yet.

Great looking set.
    I have seen individual pieces very similar to this but I have never
    seen a complete set before.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

I can only agree, a lovely set that would look great in a display with other WW1 memorabilia. I think also a coffee set.

Thanks Anderson. I wasn't sure if a tea set of coffee set. Not sure how to tell the difference? Chopperman, I'm with you. I have seen a few separate pieces, but never w hole set. That is why I had to grab this. I just received an original imperial flag to hang above these items.

Totally agree. Nice "Pariotika" porcelain.

Congratulations once again.

TABSTABS1964. Thank you for the posts. I see it must be a (patriotic) "Pariotika" set after all. I'm still on the look out for a lid for the sugar bowl. Have found a few that are close, but still not quite what I'm looking for. I never realized how many tea sets/coffee sets were in antique malls/shops. There are tons. So the hunt continues