Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Imperial Eks 1 odd looking ones Questionable maybe?

Article about: I just picked two Imperial EK1's the first one is not a two piece frame not silver no iron core but I read that the Navy back then made these so they don't rust while at sea not sure if that

Default Imperial Eks 1 odd looking ones Questionable maybe?

I just picked two Imperial EK1's the first one is not a two piece frame not silver no iron core but I read that the Navy back then made these so they don't rust while at sea not sure if that a true statement or not but I did find something in the Iron Cross Book about them. This one is name to a Jewish soldier dated 1914 I'm sure that's not real. The second one is some soldier made a first class vaulted it from a second class EK1 I don't have the place or nut that screws to the back of it but it looks like he split the frame in doing it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Eks 1 odd looking ones Questionable maybe?   Imperial Eks 1 odd looking ones Questionable maybe?  

Imperial Eks 1 odd looking ones Questionable maybe?   Imperial Eks 1 odd looking ones Questionable maybe?  

Imperial Eks 1 odd looking ones Questionable maybe?   Imperial Eks 1 odd looking ones Questionable maybe?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial Eks 1 odd looking ones Questionable maybe?
    P
    Many

The named cross is a common fake. The screw-back appears to be a converted 2nd class which sometimes was done in the field as a stop-gap measure until a proper 1st class was awarded.

That's what I thought about the name cross did not pay much for it but makes a good conversation piece

Quote by bolewts58 View Post
    The named cross is a common fake. The screw-back appears to be a converted 2nd class which sometimes was done in the field as a stop-gap measure until a proper 1st class was awarded.
    I agree completely on both crosses.
    Some collectors do not like the converted cross and that is evident in the low prices
    that I see. But I like them. I think they make for a interesting variation.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Eks 1 odd looking ones Questionable maybe?  
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Hello rhodesia,

I agree with bolewts58 on both crosses.

As far as I know, it is a myth that the Navy had its own saltwater-resistant iron crosses. They were awarded the same Iron Crosses as all other soldiers. Usually they were worn on their dress uniform and not on board the ships.

I like the second cross. In my opinion, field productions are contemporary witness pieces that show how it was in the past and a nice addition to a collection.

Best regards
    Wolf

Thank you, Cheers