Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Imperial German Bandage

Article about: I picked this up with the gas mask along with a field stove I’ll post up later. It’s still in very good condition besides light stains and creases from folding. This makes up probably 25

Default Imperial German Bandage

I picked this up with the gas mask along with a field stove I’ll post up later. It’s still in very good condition besides light stains and creases from folding. This makes up probably 25% of my First World War collection but I’m still happy with it. I’ve not found too many of these online so I don’t have as much info as I’d like about the maker but I understand the basics of the item. Overall pleased with it and got a reasonable deal on it.

Cheers and Happy Collecting,
    Bodhi

Imperial German BandageImperial German BandageImperial German BandageImperial German BandageImperial German BandageImperial German Bandage

MAP
    ?

Private purchase? Never seen one before.

Looks interesting
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Private purchase? Never seen one before.

Looks interesting
    Same here. It's a first for me.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

I don’t think so but not sure, sellers description was just WW1 German Bandage and when I looked it up that’s about all I could find. I’m pretty sure the images on it are instructions on use. Ones been posted here before I believe. I’ll try to find some more info for you guys.

Cheers,
    Bodhi

Duplicate post

MAP
    ?

Here is the link you were mentioning

German ww1 Esmarch Bandage.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you!

MAP
    ?

I know zero about these but a quick google search (keyword Esmarch Bandage) brings up some info about the bandage and Professor Esmarch. Even a small Wiki page.

I would guess it is not military issue given the elaborate script and maker information but most certainly used on the battlefield.

A very interesting item. Other countries adopted this. Saw one in English.

CBH
    ?

I have a similar triangle bandage with images but of British manufacture, I believe it is civilian and from the early turn of the century.
    These would look great framed, I'll try and get a photo.

CBH
    ?

Imperial German BandageImperial German BandageHere are a couple of photos, this came in a old first aid kit.
    I still have that somewhere.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast