Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Imperial German Flag help!

Article about: I would appreciate help with this Imperial German Flag made of linen, approx. 126" x 80". I know the pictures are not great but is it WW1 period?

Default Imperial German Flag help!

I would appreciate help with this Imperial German Flag made of linen, approx. 126" x 80". I know the pictures are not great but is it WW1 period?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial German Flag help!   Imperial German Flag help!  

Imperial German Flag help!   Imperial German Flag help!  

?

Are there any ink markings on the reinforced edge (left edge in your first photo)?

CCMJR

Comelyn: These flags have been commercially reproduced since the 20's, but without photos of the reinforced edge, which is the luff, it's impossible to answer your question. But the style and pattern are KaiserlicheMarine. Dwight

The colors are very bright and the cloth body seems quite solid. For a flag that is 100 years old, I would be betting against this one....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thank you for the feedback. I have asked the seller for more info, thanks,nic.

I think it stands a chance. I think the flash makes it look brighter white, especially in the pic of the eagle alone.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

These are very good looking flags, did you buy it?
    This one sold a few days ago for 227$ us.

Cheers
    Nuno
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial German Flag help!   Imperial German Flag help!  

Imperial German Flag help!   Imperial German Flag help!  

That is more how I expect to see an Imperial German war flag! There's a very considerable difference in the conditions of these 2 flags.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    That is more how I expect to see an Imperial German war flag! There's a very considerable difference in the conditions of these 2 flags.
    I was bidding on it but sadly i failed to get it.

Thank you for all the replies. The seller provided 3 more photos of the inside edge and states "there are two areas where the flag seems to have double material, on each corner of the inside edge. I see no evidence of how the flag was flown".
    Also says there are no markings but I guess that is because the rope end has been removed?

Imperial German Flag help!  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast