Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Imperial German grey overcoat

Article about: Good day everyone, I've got a new piece added to my collection as I'm searching for imperial tunics and such, I got this but there is some questions I have about it and would like your opini

?

Question Imperial German grey overcoat

Good day everyone, I've got a new piece added to my collection as I'm searching for imperial tunics and such, I got this but there is some questions I have about it and would like your opinion. What stands out to me is the slit on the left side of the coat as I'm not well informed on their uniform/coat regulations my first thought is the slit is for the original owner to hang his saber while on a cold day or so (who knows) I'm interested to see what you guys might think it is. The other one things I would like to know is what is that neck guard (?) on the coat and what the color blue on the collar stand for(as I've seen most coats have a red collar). Other then those points the coat displays the usual minor moth bites although the silk on the inside as REALLY seen better days, and some damage to the shoulder boards with the left shoulder having been stitched while the right one needs repair (not pictured but if needed I will provide pics).

Thank you all for reading I appreciate it and looking forward to you guys chiming in.Imperial German grey overcoatImperial German grey overcoatImperial German grey overcoatImperial German grey overcoatImperial German grey overcoatImperial German grey overcoat

Looks cool.

With your permission, I think this will make it easier for everyone.

Regards

?

Of course thank you Tabs, still trying to get my pics straightened out from time to time

?

Coat appears to be a Bavarian officer's and yes I would think the slit is for a sword.