Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Imperial German Navy (Kaiserliche Marine) U-Boat Cap Ribbons and tellermutze. What are they worth?

Article about: I bought the following items from a fellow collector early this year, but I almost forgot about them until yesterday. I would like to know what they are worth, if possible. I am aware that t

Question Imperial German Navy (Kaiserliche Marine) U-Boat Cap Ribbons and tellermutze. What are they worth?

I bought the following items from a fellow collector early this year, but I almost forgot about them until yesterday. I would like to know what they are worth, if possible. I am aware that these ribbons are very rare.

Thank you.

Chris
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial German Navy (Kaiserliche Marine) U-Boat Cap Ribbons and tellermutze. What are they worth?   Imperial German Navy (Kaiserliche Marine) U-Boat Cap Ribbons and tellermutze. What are they worth?  

Imperial German Navy (Kaiserliche Marine) U-Boat Cap Ribbons and tellermutze. What are they worth?   Imperial German Navy (Kaiserliche Marine) U-Boat Cap Ribbons and tellermutze. What are they worth?  

Imperial German Navy (Kaiserliche Marine) U-Boat Cap Ribbons and tellermutze. What are they worth?   Imperial German Navy (Kaiserliche Marine) U-Boat Cap Ribbons and tellermutze. What are they worth?  

Last edited by Little Mermaid; 09-22-2011 at 01:00 PM.
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Default Re: Imperial German Navy (Kaiserliche Marine) U-Boat Cap Ribbons and tellermutze. What are they worth?

as to value no idea but i do know they sure look nice you are very lucky

tom

Default Re: Imperial German Navy (Kaiserliche Marine) U-Boat Cap Ribbons and tellermutze. What are they worth?

Thank you, Tom. All I know is that they are extremely difficult to find in any condition and that the S.M.S. Vulkan band is very rare.
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

?

The cap is not from the imperial period. The lining and sweatband are from decades later. It could be later than WWII, in which case, it is not worth much. The cap ribbons are very nice.

Regards,
    CCMJR

I like them!

Ok, not worth much, but I think they are pretty
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

?

Please don't misunderstand. The ribbons are very nice, desirable and have value. It's just the cap that is not from the imperial era.

CCMJR

I spoke to a guy who wanted to buy the ribbons, he told me that they are valuable, but couldnĀ“t tell me how much. And the cap, well, I think it is horrid
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

?

I know the guy that wrote the book on German navy cap bands and I could get an approximate evaluation from him if you would be interested.

CCMJR

Bottom line is the items are worth what someone is willing to pay, I have found this to be my experience, with any items I sell. I would do some research, and then again it depends how bad you want to sell, if you want a quick sale, you might not get as much, but if you are patient, and willing to market your items, you might get top dollar, euro, etc. just my opinion

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast