Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Imperial German watch fob? Need help with this please

Article about: Hello all, I am mostly a WWII US collector, but every now and then I pick up some WWI German items. I bought a handful of items from a dealer a while back and this watch fob was in the mix.

?

Default Imperial German watch fob? Need help with this please

Hello all,

I am mostly a WWII US collector, but every now and then I pick up some WWI German items. I bought a handful of items from a dealer a while back and this watch fob was in the mix. I've not been able to identify the crest on the one piece yet, and I'm not sure of the age of the piece. The photos make the piece look rather new, but in person it actually has a pretty nice patina to it. I'd appreciate any thoughts or opinions anyone may have on this piece.

Thanks for any and all help

-Ryan

Hi Ryan,
    I have not seen one like this before. To me, the eagles look
    more like Polish eagles than the German.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

I agree with Chopperman,Polish.

The clip may be a modern one.........
    Regards,

Steve.

In reference to the enamel coat of arms!...
    "This historic emblem is a relic from the January 1863 uprising of Poland against Russia. It was designed by the Revolutionary Government as a reminder that the Royal Republic of Poland was a commonwealth of three nations who shared the glories and misfortunes of the state.

In its original colors the white eagle on a red shield represented Poland, the white knight on a blue shield, known as Pogon (the Chase), was the coat of arms of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania, while Michael the Archangel symbolized the Duchy of Ruthenia."

well done Gunny.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    The clip may be a modern one.........
    Yes, I tend to agree with this. It certainly doesn't appear to be the same as the rest of the fob - at least at first glance, though larger pictures would assist.

Just as a matter of interest - what is the chain's length?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    In reference to the enamel coat of arms!...
    "This historic emblem is a relic from the January 1863 uprising of Poland against Russia. It was designed by the Revolutionary Government as a reminder that the Royal Republic of Poland was a commonwealth of three nations who shared the glories and misfortunes of the state.

In its original colors the white eagle on a red shield represented Poland, the white knight on a blue shield, known as Pogon (the Chase), was the coat of arms of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania, while Michael the Archangel symbolized the Duchy of Ruthenia."
    Paul you da brains of the outfit,have ordered your application on line.................
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial German watch fob? Need help with this please