Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Interesting Early Skull

Article about: I just picked up this interesting skull attributed to the early twentieth century. Perhaps Imperial or Weimar era or even earlier? I was informed it was possibly used by cavalry units. It di

?

Default Interesting Early Skull

I just picked up this interesting skull attributed to the early twentieth century. Perhaps Imperial or Weimar era or even earlier? I was informed it was possibly used by cavalry units. It differs from all my Danziger type variants in my collection. I wonder if anyone has seen this type before or has period pictures of it in use. Thanks, Al

Interesting Early SkullInteresting Early Skull

Compared to a Danziger Tk
    Interesting Early Skull

?

I was perusing Stonemint's thread Freikorps & Paramilitary Weimar Headgear in Period Photographs
    when I came across this Freikorps photograph which has skull that resembles mine. It is difficult to know for sure but the large eye sockets and nasal cavity as well as the shape of the crossbones look very similar. The angle of the cap in the photo makes it difficult to see the teeth, jaw, and shape of the skull crown. The Danziger type skull has smaller oval shaped eyes

Interesting Early Skull

Interesting Early Skull
    Interesting Early Skull
    Interesting Early Skull

?

Here is my feeble attempt at creating a comparison photo. Keep in mind the angles of the skull are different. click on pic and zoom in CSI style
    Interesting Early Skull