Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

kriegsflagge real or fake?

Article about: I found this one online but I have no idea if t's from second reich, weimar, third reich or post ww2 era. Any help identifying the flag will highly appreciated. Thank you. Regards ATK

ATK
    ?

Default kriegsflagge real or fake?

I found this one online but I have no idea if t's from second reich, weimar, third reich or post ww2 era. Any help identifying the flag will highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Regards ATK
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture kriegsflagge real or fake?   kriegsflagge real or fake?  

ATK
    ?

Writing on the stamp seems like "Bonner Fahnenfabrik Bann."

Sadly these are the only photos...

ATK
    ?

Any ideas??

It's the "Bonner Fahnenfabrik, BONN". The Bonner Fahnenfabrik (also called BOFA or BoFa, today BOFA-Doublet GmbH) is a traditional company that produces flags, decorative items and advertising materials. The company, which has been producing decorative items since 1866, was one of the largest flag manufacturers in Germany in the 20th century. The company is based in Bonn am Rhein, hence the name. -

From what I can see, I do not have any issues with it. The only question is whether the flag was made before 1918 or after.

ATK
    ?

Sammler thank you for your reply. Is it correct to say that the flag was made before 1945 and it could be from TR era?

Quote by ATK View Post
    Sammler thank you for your reply. Is it correct to say that the flag was made before 1945 and it could be from TR era?
    That is very difficult to answer. For this you would probably have to carry out a C14 analysis, which no normal person can pay for. Everything is possible. Before 1918, between 1918 and 1933, or after 1933. However, one must remember that this is the war flag of the German Empire, not that of the Third Reich. It can therefore be assumed that this version was produced significantly less after 1933 than before.

ATK
    ?

Quote by NSDAP Sammler View Post
    That is very difficult to answer. For this you would probably have to carry out a C14 analysis, which no normal person can pay for. Everything is possible. Before 1918, between 1918 and 1933, or after 1933. However, one must remember that this is the war flag of the German Empire, not that of the Third Reich. It can therefore be assumed that this version was produced significantly less after 1933 than before.
    Thank you so much. Highly appreciated...

I like the look of it.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by ATK View Post
    Thank you so much. Highly appreciated...
    You're welcome!

ATK
    ?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I like the look of it.
    Thank you for the reply.