Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Kurassier metalhelme

Article about: I found this metalhelme up for sale right near the end of an auction and, impulsively, took a punt at it and won. It looks like a good, unmessed-with Kurassier helmet to me but I will be the

Default Kurassier metalhelme

I found this metalhelme up for sale right near the end of an auction and, impulsively, took a punt at it and won. It looks like a good, unmessed-with Kurassier helmet to me but I will be the first to admit that I'm very far from being an expert about such things. So, nervously, I'd like to ask the membership here what they think. Is this helmet good, or did I make a mistake?

Kurassier metalhelme
    Kurassier metalhelme
    Kurassier metalhelme
    Kurassier metalhelme
    Kurassier metalhelme
    Kurassier metalhelme

These photos, from the auction, are all I have right now but I will take more once I receive the helmet.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kurassier metalhelme
    P
    Many

No big expert on these mysefl, but at first glance it looks like a good salty original.

Thanks, Adravor. I’m very glad you think it’s okay, and hope others agree. Yes, it is salty; I’m on the fence about whether it’s better to leave it as-is, or restore it.

Quote by Hallibag View Post
    I’m on the fence about whether it’s better to leave it as-is, or restore it.
    Do not restore it.
    Tidy it up a bit if it is original, and leave it as it is.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Okay, thanks Rbminis. I was already leaning towards leaving it pretty much as-is.

MAP
    ?

Agree. Looks OK and salty. Appears to be a model M1905. With removable chinstrap lugs and brass hardware. I think there should be a maker mark / date stamp on the interior of the dome
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks, MAP, I appreciate your thoughts. I should have the helmet next week and will post photos here of any markings I might find.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Hallibag View Post
    Thanks, MAP, I appreciate your thoughts. I should have the helmet next week and will post photos here of any markings I might find.
    Check out Kaisers Bunker website if you haven't already. A great resource.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Okay, I will do that. Thanks again!