MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Large Imperial German grouping

Article about: Hello everyone, I recently acquired this amazing Imperial grouping from the son of a US army tank commander who brought these along with some other items back. This grouping contains a Medal

?

Default Large Imperial German grouping

Hello everyone, I recently acquired this amazing Imperial grouping from the son of a US army tank commander who brought these along with some other items back.
    This grouping contains a Medal Chain which has an Iron Cross with "25" clasp, Order of the red eagle, Prussian order of the crown, war merit cross, Franco-prussian war medal, Austro-Prussian war medal, and a Wilhelm I centennial medal. Aside from the chain there is also a House order of Hohenzollern without swords and missing the medallion, an Order of the Red Eagle, Order of the Crown, parade mount of an Iron Cross, Franco-prussian war medal in steel, an Iron Cross lapel with the 25 year clasp, a lapel for the House order of Hohenzollern with swords&crown, and last but not least a badge for an honorary member of the 11th Uhlans (Breslau).
    I know that was a mouthful to read but I'm very pleased with this grouping. I think there's a chance it all belonged to the same individual but who knows. Anyways thanks for checking this out and as always please let me know what you think!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Large Imperial German grouping   Large Imperial German grouping  

Large Imperial German grouping  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Large Imperial German grouping
    P
    Many

?

Very cool congratulations

It's just a fantastic group of miniatures.
    Congratulations
    Santi

?

Thanks guys, and I have a question, why does the miniature Order of the Red Eagle have a bow above it? i can't find a reason for it online.

MAP
    ?

Wow. Nice and early. Was expecting to see WW1, but pleasantly surprised when I saw it was from the 1870's
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

That is a great grouping. Congratulations.
    I have a real soft spot for Imperial miniatures so I especially like that
    buttonhole Ek with oaks. -- Very cool and I am always amazed at the details
    of the mini Red Eagles.

I posted a couple Red Eagles in this thread a long time ago -----
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/imper...ighlight=eagle
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.