Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Looking for some information on this ring

Article about: Ive only found 2 pictures of this ring on the net and the other ring was in extremely poor condition,looked like it had been dug up.The place i bought mine from says its ww1,however the plac

Default Looking for some information on this ring

Ive only found 2 pictures of this ring on the net and the other ring was in extremely poor condition,looked like it had been dug up.The place i bought mine from says its ww1,however the place were the other ring sold said its ww2 era.Which is it?

I think its a gold plated bronze ring,the cross and oak leaf sprigs have been applied and its made by Kollmar & Jourdan.67 is perhaps the size?Was it made to be worn by soldiers or is it just a ring you could buy in Germany at the time?

Any information on it would be appreciated,i hope i posted this in the correct section.

Thank you.

Looking for some information on this ringLooking for some information on this ringLooking for some information on this ring
    Last edited by nikolai; 11-14-2011 at 08:57 AM.

Default Re: Looking for some information on this ring

These rings are WWI era and were worn to show patriotism. They are akin to the "I gave my gold for iron" rings....These would have been worn by all manner of civic minded Germans of the day. A shame the enameling is damaged, as they wee nice looking rings(except once the plating wore through, they would turn your finger green...) William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

All I can say is I like the look of it and wish you luck on your search.
    William beat me to the reply.....
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Thanks for all the info William,where did u find such detailed information about this ring?Did you have one that turned your finger green?

Its not really worth anything and i dont think it ever will be worth anything so i might restore it as i like the design and it will make a nice dress ring.

Thank you to Eric.

lol Bronze always turns your skin green eventually. It should be a fairly simple matter to have the enameling restored if you want to do it. As long as your rescuing it, you may as well have them strip it down and heavily replate it and Then do the enamel from scratch. Should look great. Good luck! William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I agree it should come up a treat,i'll post some pictures of it when its done.

I like this one a lot, and believe the ring is made from the 'driving band'
    of an artillery shell - common practice for patriotic items
    to be made from these.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    'driving band'
    of an artillery shell
    That sheds some light on the design,here is a bracelet that was worn buy a doctor as in id tag with the same outer perimeter design as my ring.

Thanks again.

Looking for some information on this ring

Very interesting bracelet. My sister in law has some barrel sections like that made from German 88mm howitzers that were made into ash trays in WWII.