Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M16 Si 62, thoughts about the helmet, also is the paint original?

Article about: So I bought this M16, and got some new photos from the seller. What do you think about this example?

Default M16 Si 62, thoughts about the helmet, also is the paint original?

So I bought this M16, and got some new photos from the seller. What do you think about this example?

M16 Si 62, thoughts about the helmet, also is the paint original?

M16 Si 62, thoughts about the helmet, also is the paint original?M16 Si 62, thoughts about the helmet, also is the paint original?M16 Si 62, thoughts about the helmet, also is the paint original?M16 Si 62, thoughts about the helmet, also is the paint original?M16 Si 62, thoughts about the helmet, also is the paint original?M16 Si 62, thoughts about the helmet, also is the paint original?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M16 Si 62, thoughts about the helmet, also is the paint original?
    P
    Many

Its a nice example - although collectors refer to this as an M17 helmet due to the fact it has a steel band supporting the liner instead of the leather band used in the M16. In truth both shells are the same, and it was only with the introduction of the M18 that the helmet shell differed.

Cheers,
    Steve

Thank you that’s really interesting, I thought it was the austrian version that was called the M17. Do you think the paint matches the time period(ww1).

Best regards Kai

The attachment points for the chinstrap on the Austrian helmet are different than the German M16 and M17 helmet. The paint looks original to me, although the shade I see on my monitor might look different on other monitors. They usually look different in hand too - which is always the best way to see any helmet, but I would be happy to own this example.

Cheers,
    Steve

You’ve done well with this one. Paint looks fine and keep in mind colours varied slightly between manufacturers and the colour also changes over time and sometimes due to how it is stored.

MAP
    ?

Thats a nice M16 with steel liner band. Congrats
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Great looking helmet, I love the color
    Regards, Al

First I was unsure If I would go for this one. And just wait for size 66 helmet. But I think this displays quite good and on the plus side it rakes up less space in my cabinet.as for storage I will keep it in my cellar and away from sunlight.

Best regards kai

I think it’s a great example Kai, and you’d do well to add it to your collection.

I would advise against storing it in a cellar as they tend to be humid. You want to store it in a relatively dry environment and out of direct sunlight as you’ve noted. I’ve seen the he effects first hand of a helmet stored in a spot that tended towards humid conditions. Also, I always wear gloves when handling any of the items in my collection as the acids in skin can be damaging to steel or metal artefacts. Sometimes a fingerprint can leave an impression on a surface that can appear often a long time after the contact. And if you do wear gloves make sure you wash them or change them regularly. Opinion is a bit divided on this but I prefer to do as a simple preventative measure and partly out of respect.

Andy

I have just purchased gloves and will handle everything with care, my cellar is very cold and dry. And does not get very humid. I could also store my helmets at the top floor, but as the weather in sweden is piping hot, my collection room uppstairs gets very warm, is it best to store everything at the top level?

Best regards Kai

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast