Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M16 unused Si 66

Article about: Hello .... I have here a M16 steel helmet in unworn condition I would like to show you ..... Manufacturer Si size 66 .... on the inner screen is the AK acceptance stamp ...... I hope he you

?

Default M16 unused Si 66

Hello .... I have here a M16 steel helmet in unworn condition I would like to show you ..... Manufacturer Si size 66 .... on the inner screen is the AK acceptance stamp ...... I hope he you like....

Regards Dirk
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M16  unused  Si 66   M16  unused  Si 66  

M16  unused  Si 66   M16  unused  Si 66  

M16  unused  Si 66  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M16  unused  Si 66
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Dang. Another winner. Well I see you like your WW1 and Commercial helmets! LoL

This is a sight to behold. I love them with the white leather.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

What a mint example Dirk!

With the steel liner band I believe it is an M17 as only the 16 had the leather band.

Absolutely incredible condition - congratulations.

Andy

?

Hello .... nice that he likes you ... so the helmet model does not depend on the lining ..... the early M16 helmets had leather inner rings with leather cushions made of cowhide then the development continued and the leather ring was replaced by a metal ring the cushions were made of cowhide to the end of the M16 production "from which comes my" was then the leather upholstery made of sheep leather probably made of scarcity of cattle these remained then the M18 .... In the M18, only the chin strap was attached to the inner ring is the difference to the M16 ... as M17 the Austrian helmets are called ... so I once learned ....

Regards

?

you can see the m17 well on the higher seated rivet of the chin strap attachment....

Here pictures

M16

M17

M18
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M16  unused  Si 66   M16  unused  Si 66  

Attached Images Attached Images M16  unused  Si 66 

?

Ät the Frist M16
    In the middel M18
    Ät the 3th M17

A lovely helmet, and proof (if it was ever needed) that astonishingly good helmets that show little or no wear, or dark patina, can still be found... even after more than 100 years! Thanks for showing.

Cheers,
    Steve

MAP
    ?

Quote by RZM 68 View Post
    Hello .... nice that he likes you ... so the helmet model does not depend on the lining ..... the early M16 helmets had leather inner rings with leather cushions made of cowhide then the development continued and the leather ring was replaced by a metal ring the cushions were made of cowhide to the end of the M16 production "from which comes my" was then the leather upholstery made of sheep leather probably made of scarcity of cattle these remained then the M18 .... In the M18, only the chin strap was attached to the inner ring is the difference to the M16 ... as M17 the Austrian helmets are called ... so I once learned ....

Regards
    Yes. M17 is a purely a collector term but still is widely used to differentiate the leather vs the steel liner bands.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I'm really enjoying your WW1 Stahlhelms, hoping to see more

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Yes. M17 is a purely a collector term but still is widely used to differentiate the leather vs the steel liner bands.
    That is what I was taught. 16 leather, 17 steel, 18 chinstrap to the liner band.
    I was about to say what Andy mentioned but RZM replied with his information.

So is it M16 all along and that "M17" is something that has been added to the collectors field of interest?

Because I have a M17 and RZM's input is a new one to me.
    My chinstrap rivets/Attachments are on the skirt. Do I have a M16???

I'll also add that no matter what you call it, That is a Beauty RZM!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast