Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M17 Camo Helmet, yours Thoughts?

Article about: Colleagues What are your thoughts on this M17 Camo Helmet, to ne it seems fine but would be happy with your opinions? Cheers Allan

?

Default M17 Camo Helmet, yours Thoughts?

Colleagues

What are your thoughts on this M17 Camo Helmet, to ne it seems fine but would be happy with your opinions?

Cheers Allan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M17 Camo  Helmet, yours Thoughts?   M17 Camo  Helmet, yours Thoughts?  

M17 Camo  Helmet, yours Thoughts?   M17 Camo  Helmet, yours Thoughts?  

M17 Camo  Helmet, yours Thoughts?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M17 Camo  Helmet, yours Thoughts?
    P
    Many

I would want clearer more detailed photos before putting my hand in my wallet. The helmet looks ok, but is there any markings inside. Is the outside artificially aged? The overall brown hue is a query for me.

I agree with BlackCat, much better photos needed. No huge red flag being waived but with some of the fakes currently coming out of Latvia, hi res closeup images are required. Put another way, it may be OK but I wouldn’t purchase this based on these images. You want closeups and in better light like the one below:

This is from MJ Militaria, it looks to have been coated with something perhaps post war. Otherwise I dont see any huge redflags, but better pictures are needed.

I saw this helmet on MJ also. I was able to open the photos in a new tab and they are slightly sharper.
    I'm not 100% convinced on the camo. I believe it has been treated with some kind of polish like you say.
    But also - it doesn't have the convincing patina of other WW1 camos i have seen.

Difficult one.

nick

The paint is very one dimensional - at least in these photos. Would also like to see some better closeups of this area that looks grey in appearance.

As is often said, pictures taken outside without artificial lights give a clearer idea on colour. I think its a good one, just needs better photos.

I would say that this helmet has been either messed with or is not authentic, I do not see any particular patina that would sugguest the camo is 100%.

?

Got better images of this helmet and It looks fine by me, but as usual look forward to your thoughts on this.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M17 Camo  Helmet, yours Thoughts?   M17 Camo  Helmet, yours Thoughts?  

Thanks for the photos but they are still not high res and are not taken under natural lighting, but I understand it’s not yet in your possession. Based on these photos I’m still not getting any warm feelings and it’s certainly not what they refer to as a ‘one looker’. For me, the paint is lacking the structure and patina of something that was created in 1918 and this is not limited to just the paint but some of the other wear or lack thereof. You would generally expect the liner band to be much tighter to the shell and the pads themselves don’t look period either. Might look better in hand but looking at the paint enlarged, see image below, it’s hard to tell either way and I can only base it on what I see.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast