Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M18-34 german helmet???

Article about: Hello my friends, I've seen this helmet for sale in a flea market and I've almost a lack of knowledge about this helmets. As I see, it seems to be a M18 but maybe from the Reichswehr period?

Default M18-34 german helmet???

Hello my friends, I've seen this helmet for sale in a flea market and I've almost a lack of knowledge about this helmets. As I see, it seems to be a M18 but maybe from the Reichswehr period? But the liner seems to be similar from the helmets of Firefighter M34.

But there is no aluminium liner, the leather seems to be directly attached with the chinstraps. And what about the swastika??? I have many doubts...please, if you can comment on it....

M18-34 german helmet???M18-34 german helmet???M18-34 german helmet???M18-34 german helmet???M18-34 german helmet???

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M18-34 german helmet???
    P
    Many

The shell is an inter War commercially manufactured "Himmler" style shell, used by any and all civil and paramilitary organizations. The decal was liberated from what is probably a post War paint job, but is probably correct. The liner is post War. Is there any evidence of any insignia on the right side of the shell?

As far as I saw there are no remains of decal on the right side. One question, isn't the liner identical to those used by firefighter helmets m34? If it isn't, most probably is that the whole helmet suffered a restoration, included the swastika decal. But if the liner is from 1934...maybe not.

I'm afraid that the liner is post-war.

Cheers Paul

Many thanks to you all.