Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

M1874 Shovel Cover Identification Help: Argentina Army, possible original German?

Article about: I picked up two shovel covers that came from the Argentine Army. They are the old M-1874 style shovel covers (I am assuming M-1874 is correct). They have Argentine Army stamped markings, and

?

Default M1874 Shovel Cover Identification Help: Argentina Army, possible original German?

I picked up two shovel covers that came from the Argentine Army. They are the old M-1874 style shovel covers (I am assuming M-1874 is correct). They have Argentine Army stamped markings, and the later green over-paint that was typical for gear still being used in the 1960's era.
    I know that Argentina redesigned their uniforms and equipment in the 1930's to the German style helmets, uniforms and equipment. Quite a number of items were sourced directly from Germany, as well as domestic copies. M1874 and M1898 German entrenching shovels were in use in Argentina, and I am wondering if these two covers may be old German covers. Finding information on the Argentine military items is very tough............
    The single hanger is slightly different on each one, and there appear to be inventory and unit markings or them as well.

I am hoping that someone can help me shed some light on these covers, or direct me to someone who can.

Thanks!

M1874 Shovel Cover Identification Help:  Argentina Army, possible original German?M1874 Shovel Cover Identification Help:  Argentina Army, possible original German?M1874 Shovel Cover Identification Help:  Argentina Army, possible original German?M1874 Shovel Cover Identification Help:  Argentina Army, possible original German?M1874 Shovel Cover Identification Help:  Argentina Army, possible original German?M1874 Shovel Cover Identification Help:  Argentina Army, possible original German?M1874 Shovel Cover Identification Help:  Argentina Army, possible original German?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M1874 Shovel Cover Identification Help:  Argentina Army, possible original German?
    P
    Many

?

Here are a few additional photos. The two entrenching tools are from my collection, both Imperial Russian.

M1874 Shovel Cover Identification Help:  Argentina Army, possible original German?M1874 Shovel Cover Identification Help:  Argentina Army, possible original German?M1874 Shovel Cover Identification Help:  Argentina Army, possible original German?M1874 Shovel Cover Identification Help:  Argentina Army, possible original German?M1874 Shovel Cover Identification Help:  Argentina Army, possible original German?