Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

m1889 Prussian Infantry Officer's Degen IOD - P.D. Lüneschloss

Article about: Picked up the last of my overly self-indulgent XMAS presents today- a WW1 IOD with a fixed guard made by P.D. Lüneschloss. I'm happy with what I paid (\\$165.00), even if the scabbard is looki

Question m1889 Prussian Infantry Officer's Degen IOD - P.D. Lüneschloss

Picked up the last of my overly self-indulgent XMAS presents today- a WW1 IOD with a fixed guard made by P.D. Lüneschloss.

I'm happy with what I paid ($165.00), even if the scabbard is looking pretty ugly.

Are these marks typical? I found several along the spine (maybe inspector marks?) and there are some on the scabbard. Had trouble taking pictures of them towards the top of the scabbard, but I believe they are "17 H 5 11".

A maker's mark appears on the guard by the spine, on the piece beneath the guard next that connects to the handle, and on the pommel.

The spine has markings that look like a crown a "W" a "14" and then the maker's mark again.

Let me know what you guys think! Would love to hear some opinions.

-JW

m1889 Prussian Infantry Officer's Degen IOD - P.D. Lüneschlossm1889 Prussian Infantry Officer's Degen IOD - P.D. Lüneschlossm1889 Prussian Infantry Officer's Degen IOD - P.D. Lüneschlossm1889 Prussian Infantry Officer's Degen IOD - P.D. Lüneschlossm1889 Prussian Infantry Officer's Degen IOD - P.D. Lüneschlossm1889 Prussian Infantry Officer's Degen IOD - P.D. Lüneschlossm1889 Prussian Infantry Officer's Degen IOD - P.D. Lüneschlossm1889 Prussian Infantry Officer's Degen IOD - P.D. Lüneschlossm1889 Prussian Infantry Officer's Degen IOD - P.D. Lüneschlossm1889 Prussian Infantry Officer's Degen IOD - P.D. Lüneschlossm1889 Prussian Infantry Officer's Degen IOD - P.D. Lüneschlossm1889 Prussian Infantry Officer's Degen IOD - P.D. Lüneschlossm1889 Prussian Infantry Officer's Degen IOD - P.D. Lüneschlossm1889 Prussian Infantry Officer's Degen IOD - P.D. Lüneschlossm1889 Prussian Infantry Officer's Degen IOD - P.D. Lüneschlossm1889 Prussian Infantry Officer's Degen IOD - P.D. Lüneschlossm1889 Prussian Infantry Officer's Degen IOD - P.D. Lüneschlossm1889 Prussian Infantry Officer's Degen IOD - P.D. Lüneschlossm1889 Prussian Infantry Officer's Degen IOD - P.D. Lüneschlossm1889 Prussian Infantry Officer's Degen IOD - P.D. Lüneschloss
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture m1889 Prussian Infantry Officer's Degen IOD - P.D. Lüneschloss   m1889 Prussian Infantry Officer's Degen IOD - P.D. Lüneschloss  

?

EXCELLENT!!!!!
    I would love to hang that on my wall.
    Nice snag for a $165

Semper Fi
    Phil

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    EXCELLENT!!!!!
    I would love to hang that on my wall.
    Nice snag for a $165

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Thanks! Appreciate it.

Nice sword and quite a deal at only $165.
    I am no sword expert but I believe that the marks
    on the spine are the acceptance mark and date. 1914

The marks on the scabbard are probably the unit
    it was issued through.

At least that is my best guess.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Nice sword and i also like the cat.
    Cheers
    Nuno

Nice, I used to have one, though I only have some poor out of focus pics of it and another I had.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture m1889 Prussian Infantry Officer's Degen IOD - P.D. Lüneschloss   m1889 Prussian Infantry Officer's Degen IOD - P.D. Lüneschloss  

m1889 Prussian Infantry Officer's Degen IOD - P.D. Lüneschloss  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Very good sword. Very good price. Government issue - W 14 - Wilhelm 1914

Unit mark 17. H. 5. 11. - Braunschweigisches Husaren-Regiment Nr.17. Squadron 5. Weapon 11.

Some history [in German] but you could do some research on the Divisions which could show where your sword might have been.

HR 17

Quote by Richie B View Post

Unit mark 17. H. 5. 11. - Braunschweigisches Husaren-Regiment Nr.17. Squadron 5. Weapon 11.

Some history [in German] but you could do some research on the Divisions which could show where your sword might have been.

HR 17
    Nicely done
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Quote by Richie B View Post

HR 17
    Thank you! That's fantastic! I'll be looking into it.

nice sword nice price.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast