Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

M1895 Prussian Pickelhaube, lacquered ersatz

Article about: My first Pickelhaube arrived a few days ago and I have to say I'm very pleased with it! After being an almost exclusive TR collector it is quite refreshing to have something from the Imperia

Quote by Adler View Post
    Yes, you are now officially infected by the haube virus!
    So it would seem, as I have just won an ebay auction on a rather nice example...with chinscales!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M1895 Prussian Pickelhaube, lacquered ersatz
    P
    Many

It is certainly easy to get addicted to these helmets!

Were you the lucky winner on the old style Dragoon Reservist Officer helmet with the storage/carry case today? If so, it is a very nice looking helmet.

Best Regards,

Alan

And no Photos?? Unfair.....Do be careful, however, as they are making some frighteningly good looking aged fakes of spiked helmets these days. As they say on Star Trek..."Proceed with shields up!"...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by ww1czechlegion View Post
    Were you the lucky winner on the old style Dragoon Reservist Officer helmet with the storage/carry case today? If so, it is a very nice looking helmet.
    Hi Alan, a very good guess! Yes I bought the Dragoon Reservist helmet. I'm thinking it is around 1860 vintage based on the liner but will take advice on that once she arrives and I can take some decent photos.

Some of the seller's photos...

M1895 Prussian Pickelhaube, lacquered ersatzM1895 Prussian Pickelhaube, lacquered ersatzM1895 Prussian Pickelhaube, lacquered ersatzM1895 Prussian Pickelhaube, lacquered ersatzM1895 Prussian Pickelhaube, lacquered ersatzM1895 Prussian Pickelhaube, lacquered ersatz

?

These are mine, the green felt one is slowly coming along as I know have the "proper studs" for the chinstrap, I also have a pair of cockades I have not yet put on it.

The one beside the felt lid was almost flat when I traded for it, so it is also a work in progress, however at least it is in the correct shape, just looking for parts

Sorry for the quality of the photos, but the sun is coming in the windows at this time of morning.

Dean O
    Canada

M1895 Prussian Pickelhaube, lacquered ersatzM1895 Prussian Pickelhaube, lacquered ersatzM1895 Prussian Pickelhaube, lacquered ersatzM1895 Prussian Pickelhaube, lacquered ersatz

That's quite the collection there Dean!

Are you not concerned about having the helmets mounted on polystyrene heads? Or do you have a protective barrier of some sort between the helmets and the heads?

?

No there is a Museum type cloth under each

Dean O

Hi Glenn,

Congratulations on the Reserve Dragoon Officer Helmet! That's a very nice one! I had been watching it too.

I would say the helmet dates from the mid to late 1880's time period up until 22nd of March 1897 when they started wearing 2-kokardes (national colors + state color kokardes).

The leather liner is an officer type liner option that one could order when purchasing the required service helmet by an officer. Usually one sees this type of liner on the older officer helmets.

Dean: You have a very nice collection, congratulations! Glad to hear you're using a museum type cloth under each helmet. You probably had already heard that the polystyrene heads will destroy headgear without them.

Best Regards,

Alan

Great addition Glenn! Way to go.
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast