Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Medal bar - 1870 EKII with Jubiläumsspange

Article about: Wanted to share this piece I picked up at auction for opinions. Not my realm as I focus on WWII. Was told I should ask for Chopperman. 1870 EKII with Jubiläumsspange - Cross and ring are un

Default Medal bar - 1870 EKII with Jubiläumsspange

Wanted to share this piece I picked up at auction for opinions. Not my realm as I focus on WWII. Was told I should ask for Chopperman.

1870 EKII with Jubiläumsspange - Cross and ring are unmarked, non-magnetic core, ring has visible solder line

Kriegsdenkmünze für die Feldzüge 1870–1871 with 5 clasps

Königgrätz Commemorative Cross - Apparently 4 versions of this medal were made. I am skeptical on this one because the medal itself seems a different material than the ring and it appears to have been reattached to the ring

Kaiser-Wilhelm-Erinnerungsmedaille Zentenarmedaille

Thanks!

Medal bar - 1870 EKII with JubiläumsspangeMedal bar - 1870 EKII with JubiläumsspangeMedal bar - 1870 EKII with JubiläumsspangeMedal bar - 1870 EKII with JubiläumsspangeMedal bar - 1870 EKII with JubiläumsspangeMedal bar - 1870 EKII with JubiläumsspangeMedal bar - 1870 EKII with JubiläumsspangeMedal bar - 1870 EKII with JubiläumsspangeMedal bar - 1870 EKII with Jubiläumsspange

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Medal bar - 1870 EKII with Jubiläumsspange
    P
    Many

The iron cross and oaks are perfectly good. The other medals and ribbons also
    look good to me but I do not collect them so my opinion is just and an opinion.

If you don't mind, I can reach out to someone who has a lot more expertise on
    these pieces.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    The iron cross and oaks are perfectly good. The other medals and ribbons also
    look good to me but I do not collect them so my opinion is just and an opinion.

If you don't mind, I can reach out to someone who has a lot more expertise on
    these pieces.
    That would be wonderful, thank you! If they need more photos, let me know.

Is it common to find these early EKs without magnetic cores?

Wisconsin, eh? I'm over here in Minnesota.

MAP
    ?

Thanks Greg for the confirmation on the EK w/Oaks. That right there is a win for Andrew. If the whole bar is correct (i'm leaning towards yes but will defer to others more knowledgeable), then its a big win. This guy certainly saw lots of action!

In looking close, the EK looks like it has a brass core. Or is that just Andrews cheap iPhone messing up the color in the photo
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The cross is a text book example of a awarded style cross. Commonly referred to
    as the "Type A" cross. The core is cast iron. They were cast at the Berlin foundry
    until it closed in 1873.
    gregM

myself around.

The cross is a text book example of a awarded style cross. Commonly referred to
    as the "Type A" cross. The core is cast iron. They were cast at the Berlin foundry
    until it closed in 1873.
    That's interesting as the core is not magnetic. I tested it with a couple different magents. They couldn't get all the way down past the edges but it didn't feel like there was any magnetic pull at all.

That surprises me. In appearance, it's a great match to the iron cores.
    gregM

myself around.

That surprises me. In appearance, it's a great match to the iron cores.
    Is it possible it could be brass as MAP suggested?

MAP
    ?

Some photos look like iron, but one appears to show brass. Again, could just be the lighting

Medal bar - 1870 EKII with Jubiläumsspange
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I am unaware of any typeA cores being made of anything other than iron.
    The company of A. Werner und sohn. made 1870s with non standard materials but their
    core design was completely different.

I can not explain the magnet. Just from looking at it, I would say the the black coating
    has wore off the high points and the bare iron is starting to rust. I guess I would like to
    see this one in-hand to get a better idea.
    gregM

myself around.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast