Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MWH badge ..German / weimar ....can anyone advise me on originality ??

Article about: Hi, Before I plummet and buy this I want to put it by you guys as I have only seen one other original...can any one advise if this ones OK ?? thanks steve

Default MWH badge ..German / weimar ....can anyone advise me on originality ??

Hi,
    Before I plummet and buy this I want to put it by you guys as I have only seen one other original...can any one advise if this ones OK ?? thanks steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MWH badge ..German / weimar ....can anyone advise me on originality ??   MWH badge ..German / weimar ....can anyone advise me on originality ??  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement MWH badge ..German / weimar ....can anyone advise me on originality ??
    P
    Many

Its trying to be a early Freikorps guards badge but these are extremely rare so i am very skeptical about this one.

I am always skepticalto my friend ,that's why iam asking ;-) to be fair its listed from a reutable dealer,i have seen one other which sold on german flebay which was near the same stamped metal die,the repros I have seen have been cast....any further opinions guys and girls please ??

could you provide a link to said site ? Because the "Minenwerfer Abteilung Heuschkel." Originals are of a brass origin and then pained black like WW1 wound badges. The book Das Buch vom Deutschen Freikorpskampfer (1938) describes the shield with no mention of raised metal under the MWH. It took me a while to find but a member that was here a wile back with a very impressive FK collection had an image of his which i will display underneath. Personally i think the one you posted is a stamped fake.
    MWH badge ..German / weimar ....can anyone advise me on originality ??

Its on a dealers site, hence name is blocked out below badge ,no raised metal that's just editing of image.
    not sure what metal it is non-ferrous metal which is plated ...

I have given you the info now it is your choice to take it on board or disregard, that's not image editing zoom in.

Thanks mate for your help it is appreciated. Still cant see rised metal below the MWH , just the naming I smudged out. probably I need glasses !!

Sorry, the badge from the dealer site is no original.

Quote by Sergeant 08 View Post
    Sorry, the badge from the dealer site is no original.
    Sergeant,
    Welcome to the forum.

Guys----When it comes to anything Freikorp/Weimar or anything with a skull and
    crossbones, Sergeant is (the man)
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Welcome, Sergeant! Always good to have another expert on board!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast