Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need help to assemble a German Naval Infantry kit

Article about: Hello everyone, I'm trying to make a list of the equipment German Naval troops stationed in Belgium (Marinekorps Flandern) had during WW1. I have a pretty hard time to find any good book/art

?

Default Need help to assemble a German Naval Infantry kit

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to make a list of the equipment German Naval troops stationed in Belgium (Marinekorps Flandern) had during WW1. I have a pretty hard time to find any good book/article, capable of describing me this (one that is not a 1907 edition of a German gothic writing book), so I'm asking you guys to help me having it easy (I know it's lazy but I don't have much time unfortunately as it is required for my job).

So I already possess a tunic, pants and a shako. I will point out that I'm looking to realize an early war kit (1914-1915). I'll put some illustrations to show what I'm trying to recreate.

What I'd need is to have the references for : the belt (and the buckle) and all the the leather stripes, the pouches, the boots (especially if they differ from the standard infantry boots), the weapons (rifle, pistol, bayonet). I won't try to assemble the backpack so it isn't essential but still welcomed if you have easily access to this information.

Bonus point if you can provide precise illustration/pictures to help me further.

Thank you all in advance for any help you could provide me on this subject !!

Need help to assemble a German Naval Infantry kitNeed help to assemble a German Naval Infantry kit

?

Good luck mate.
    You've come to the right place.
    You could ask the German war archives for help?
    Have you searched any German war footage?
    Some auction houses sell WWI photos too.
    Webbing may be similar to army and ammo pouches.
    Belt buckle my differ.
    I will do my best to see what I can find.
    You doing re-enactment or display? Movie/tv?

Cheers,

Danger
    It's one thing to look at it with your mouth open, but it's better to shoot it gritting your teeth!

?
    It's one thing to look at it with your mouth open, but it's better to shoot it gritting your teeth!

?

Hello Danger !

Thank you for your answer. I didn't thought about contacting German War Archives to be honest !

As I'm doing an internship in a War Museum (asked to work on WW1 Germany without much experience unfortunately), I did have access to a certain amount of German war footages but for now, the pictures didn't have enough quality or precision for me to find those details. The other problem is that the library of the documentation center just lacks some precise book about German WW1 navy uniforms that's a shame !

You're a real life saver ! The goal here is to make a list of naval infantry gear so that we may improve one of our mannequin in our exhibit. We may not be looking to buy missing parts right away but at least we need to know what those look like !

I'll be taking notes on your findings !

Cheers

Le Djo

I found this-----
    German Sea-Battalions in Flanders - Page 2 - Axis History Forum
    Don't know if it will help or not.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.