Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need help ID'ing recipient of Imperial German WW1 Naval Aviator Pilot Kill Trophy

Article about: Hi everyone. I was fortunate enough to pick up this highly scarce Naval Aviator Pilot Kill Trophy (honor trophy) from the first World War and am curious about the individual named on the pla

?

Default Need help ID'ing recipient of Imperial German WW1 Naval Aviator Pilot Kill Trophy

Hi everyone.

I was fortunate enough to pick up this highly scarce Naval Aviator Pilot Kill Trophy (honor trophy) from the first World War and am curious about the individual named on the plaque. There is what I believe to be an abbreviation, which is spelled "Dzbu" (may be "Dzbv") and precedes the recipient's last name of "Ehrhardt" (I am only assuming this is his last name, but I could be mistaken). What does "Dzbu" stand for?

I'm curious if any of you WW1 era experts may be able to help me track down this recipient based on the info on the plaque? It reads (translated using Google)...

"The winner in the air combat 18 Jun 1918 Dzbv Ehrhardt"

I would assume there would be records of someone receiving this award, which if my research is correct was awarded to fewer than 150 soldiers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help ID'ing recipient of Imperial German WW1 Naval Aviator Pilot Kill Trophy   Need help ID'ing recipient of Imperial German WW1 Naval Aviator Pilot Kill Trophy  

Need help ID'ing recipient of Imperial German WW1 Naval Aviator Pilot Kill Trophy   Need help ID'ing recipient of Imperial German WW1 Naval Aviator Pilot Kill Trophy  

Hi Darren great to see you posting again...and a very neat item that you have.

Surely you will get an answer on this and a translation. I will be in contact with you soon .

Best Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hey Larry! Good to hear from you as well! Been a long time my friend.

I took the liberty of forwarding a link to this thread to someone that really knows
    Imperial aviation. Hopefully he will take a look.

These things are extremely rare and can be quite valuable which of coarse means
    that they are often faked.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

I hope it is authentic, as this is the type of trophy someone will have attempted to fake.

Posting a link to the thread on WAF.
    Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Hi everyone. Sorry for the lack of attention to this thread.

To follow up, I reached out to Carsten Baldes, who is by all accounts the go to person for these, and according to him this is a reproduction. So it now adorns my display shelf, sitting between two M16 camo helmets from the same period. I couldn't be happier with how it looks in the display despite the bad news.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help ID'ing recipient of Imperial German WW1 Naval Aviator Pilot Kill Trophy  

Too bad it turned out to be a fake but as you said,
    it does display well.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

CBH
    ?

Wehrmacht Militaria a forum sponsor has an original for sale.
    If you want to see what to look for.
    https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/shop...r-im-luftkampf