Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need information about this relative

Article about: This is my uncle, Alfred Götze who was killed on 27 April 1918 during Lys Offensive, the second German drive, 9-29 April 1918. Other than his date of death, All I know about him is based on

Default Need information about this relative

This is my uncle, Alfred Götze who was killed on 27 April 1918 during Lys Offensive, the second German drive, 9-29 April 1918. Other than his date of death, All I know about him is based on family lore, which is that he was a NCO in the 39th Division, 4th Army.
    Can any of you distinguish his rank and confirm that the ribbon he is wearing is for the EK 2nd class? Thanks, Dwight

It certainly appears to be an EK II ribbon bar to me.
    He does also appear to have some form of tresse on his collar as well.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

rbminis, thanks for that information. If that is tresse on his collar, what would that denote? Dwight

Quote by drmessimer View Post
    rbminis, thanks for that information. If that is tresse on his collar, what would that denote? Dwight
    I don't know which level but, it would denote a rank.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

There is an Unteroffizier Alfred Götze buried in the Menen cemetery in Belgium his date of death being 25 April 1918. The VDK has no other casualties named Götze for April 1918. Do you know his date of birth?

Blackcat, thanks for that, I am sure that is the right guy. Is there a ebsite I can access to see if there is any more information? Dwight

Blackcat, I do not know his date of birth, but he was the eldest of 7 children and the last one was born in 1907 . Dwight

Hello Dwight, as a relative you might be able to get hold of his records from the Bundesarchiv or Red Cross. I will attach the information from the casualty lists that I made into a little remembrance plaque for you.

Stay safe!

Blackcat; thanks a million for this, I truly appreciate it. The Best toy you, Dwight